This page uncovers 5 best completely free data recovery software for macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, older versions and morden Mac OS X, etc. All those Mac data recovery software share one commonality, they are free and useful for casual Mac users. Pick up one and let it take care of your Mac data now.
- Best Free Data Recovery Mac
- Free Data Recovery For Mac
- Data Recovery Software For Mac
- Any Data Recovery For Macbook Pro
- Mac Data Recovery Service
This article covers the top five completely free data recovery software for Mac, which varies from features, functions, and performance. However, they all have one thing in common: they are free.
Compare the five tools carefully, and select the one that fits your needs best.
Free Any Data Recovery for Mac is a comprehensive data recovery solution to help you retrieve any accidentally deleted data from your hard drives and portable storage media. Advertisement With Free Any Data Recovery for Mac you can retrieve documents, emails, photos, videos, audio files and more.
- Top 5 Completely Free Data Recovery Software for Mac
- 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
- 2. Disk Drill
- 3. PhotoRec
- 4. TestDisk
- 5. Exif Untrasher
- 3-Step Tutorial of Free Mac Data Recovery
- People Also Ask
Top 5 Completely Free Data Recovery Software for Mac
When you get data loss on your Mac due to accidental deletion, partition/hard drive formatting, system crash, macOS upgrade, file system or hard drive corruption, stay calm and pick up one of the recommended data recovery software in the below for help.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
- ISkysoft Data Recovery supports any type of storage device that uses a common Mac, Windows, or Linux file system. It runs on Mac OS X 10.6 and newer and can be used to recover photos, documents, music files, and just about any other type of file found on your Mac.
- Free Any Data Recovery for Mac- Recover Deleted/Lost Data in Any Situations Download by Tenorshare Co.,Ltd. Platform: Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac.
- The free version of M3 Data Recovery for Mac lets you recover up to 1 GB of data without any limitations. To recover more, users are required to purchase one of three paid editions of the software: Home edition ($69.95), Professional edition ($199), or Technician edition ($299).
- To recover data from a crashed or non-booting Windows PC and Laptop, follow these steps: 1. Create a bootable data recovery media using 4DDiG. Connect the bootable USB media to your crashed or unbootable Windows PC. Once the computer boots from USB media, select the file types and then file location to recover data.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is one of the free top and handy Mac data recovery software that enables you to recover data from the emptied trash bin, Mac notebooks, desktops, hard drives, USB drives, SD cards, memory cards, digital cameras, etc. It works on internal APFS/HFS+/HFS X drives, and FAT/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS file systems used in USB flash drives and external hard drives connected to Mac.
# 1. All-in-one data recovery software
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is fully compatible with the latest macOS 10.15(Catalina), 10.14 (Mojave) and all the former versions. It enables all Mac users to perform a full recovery of lost valuable data in only 3 steps: Scan > Preview > Recover.
# 2. HFS+ Fusion Drive Recovery
The latest update of EaseUS Mac data recovery software has improved its support of Fusion Drive, which makes it work even better in retrieving files from Mac computers which are installed on fusion drives.
# 3. Encrypted Drive Recovery
Another great update in EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is that it supports encrypted drive recovery by offering guidance to assist Mac users in decrypting and unlocking their drives with password.
# 4. Data Protection
Once the data protection feature is enabled, it will automatically back up the deleted files to a safe location. If you unexpectedly delete files and want to recover later, you can quickly restore the lost files from the created backup.
- Support to restore 200+ file types on Mac, including recovering lost Word/Excel/PPT documents, photos, videos, music files, emails, archived files, and more.
- Quick Scan + Deep Scan technology greatly enhances recovery probability.
- Real-time Preview allows you to preview found files while scanning and before proceeding with data recovery.
- No quality-loss recovery brings your lost photos, videos perfectly back in its best performance.
- The completely free version is limited to a maximum of 2GB data recovery. (The outstanding Windows data recovery free version also provides 2GB free file recovery.)
2. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is a popular Mac data recovery application developed to recover lost partitions or files from Mac internal and external hard drives. Also, the Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery options in the free trial version support to monitor the file deletion activity and retain metadata so as to quickly undelete files.
# 1. Undelete Protected Data (Not Available in Free Version)
Being similar to the Data Protection feature in EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac, Disk Drill also contains an undelete protected data feature that requires Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery features to be enabled in advance.
With these two features enabled, Mac users could quickly undelete files from a Trash Bin reference or shadow copy of each file to a user-specified folder.
# 2. Allocate Existing Files
When Finder fails to read data, Disk Utility reports the drive as unformatted, Disk Drill can scan the partition and retrieve data from Mac.
Realtek high definition audio for mac. Pros:
- Compatible with all the Mac OS X and macOS systems.
- Recover 200+ file types.
- It is packed with free and useful disk tools for all users.
- An intuitive user interface to recover lost files effortlessly.
- The free version only allows a preview of data recovery.
- Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery are not available in the free version.
PhotoRec is a free, open-source program that works very well in data recovery on older operating systems like OS X, Linux, Free BSD, Net BSD, Open BSD, and Windows.
It allows users to restore most common files, like photos, audios, documents, ZIP archives, and others from internal or external devices, such as digital cameras, memory cards, USB flash drives and partitions/hard disks.
# 1. Advanced File Carving
PhotoRec first searches for the data block or cluster size. The program will quickly load value from superblock like ext2/ext3/ext4 or volume boot record like FAT/NTFS if the file system is not corrupted. When file system corrupted, PhotoRec will check the device by a sector level, using the first 10 found files to calculate the block or cluster size so as to locate and find more lost files.
# 2. Block or Cluster Level Recovery
This program will read the Mac device block by block, cluster by cluster, checking against different file signatures so to recuperate available files.
- Support data recovery cross-platforms, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, etc.
- 100% open-source program, not only the software but also the source code.
- Nice tool to recover personal files.
- Not very user-friendly for ordinary computer users.
- Technical skills required. It uses command lines to operate.
TestDisk, like PhotoRec, it's also an open-source, freeware product that allows for multiple file types recovery.
It mainly focuses on partition recovery. It enables users to find deleted or lost partitions by fixing the partition tables due to software crash, virus attack, mistaken formatting, etc.
# 1. Partition Recovery
When a partition lost or disappeared on Mac due to corrupted partition tables, Mac users can apply TestDisk to rebuild and repair the corrupted partition table.
# 2. Rebuild Boot Sectors
When the Mac bootable drive fails to boot, it corrects problems in bootable drives that are failing to boot.
- Completely free and open.
- Runs on several operating systems, including macOS and Mac OS X versions.
- Recover lost partitions and rebuild the partition table.
- Use the command line to make data recovery.
- Not user-friendly for regular computer users.
5. Exif Untrasher
Exif Untrasher is another completely free Mac data recovery tool that mainly restores deleted or JPEG files from digital cameras, external drive, USB stick, SD card, etc. You can easily download and install this software on your Mac running Mac OS X 10.10 and all the later versions.
# 1. Highly Efficient in JEPG Recovery
Exif Untrasher is a tool that mainly designed to locate photos in JEPG formats on any kind of storage device like SD card, CF card, memory stick or Mac hard disk.
External storage device needs to be mounted as a volume on Mac for the utility to access and attempt a restore.
- Simple and quick to recover lost images from the memory card.
- Free with no quantity limits.
- It is updated by the developer regularly.
- It only works for JEGP file recovery. It doesn't support extra file formats.
3-Step Tutorial of Free Mac Data Recovery
To help more Mac users to bring their lost files are soon as possible, we are here to show you a 3-step tutorial of free Mac data recovery. If you are eager to bring your lost files back on Mac or external storage devices, apply the brief and innovative EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free for help.
Remember to connect your USB, SD card, or external hard drive to Mac computer if your lost data were saved on it.
Step 1. Select the disk location (it can be an internal HDD/SSD or a removable storage device) where you lost data and files. Click the 'Scan' button.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. In the scan results, select the file(s) and click the 'Recover Now' button to have them back.
On this page, you are presented with the top 5 completely free Mac data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free, Disk Drill, PhotoRec, TestDisk, Exif Untrasher. When you are facing unexpected data loss on Mac, the programs demonstrated above can help you recover lost files effectively.
What's more, if your lost data is less than 2GB, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is highly recommended as it provides the most user-friendly interface and most powerful data recovery function.
If you simply want to restore JEGP images, Exif Untrasher is worth to try.
People Also Ask
Some Mac users may still have doubts about Mac file recovery. Here we have collected the top frequently asked 4 questions and left brief answers below. Check out and find your own answers here.
1. Is Mac data recovery free?
It depends. If you lost deleted files to Trash, you can restore them from the Trash for free.
When you lost files on a local Mac hard drive or an external storage device, if you apply free Mac data recovery software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free for help, it's free.
If you take your computer to a local data recovery center, it will charge you a big bunch of money.
2. What is the best free data recovery software?
- For Windows users, you may refer to Top 10 Free SD Card Data Recovery Software.
The Recommended software also works perfectly in Windows OS for data recovery and you can find out the most suitable for you to apply and restore lost files with ease.
- For Mac users, as we recommended on this page, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free, Disk Drill, PhotoRec, TestDisk, Exif Untrasher are all good to help.
3. Is there any free data recovery software?
Sure! Many data recovery software producers all have released their free data recovery software. Here we have collected some of them for you to pick up one and apply to guard your own data.
10 Top Free Data Recovery Software for Windows Users:
- 1). EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
- 2). Recuva
- 3). Stellar Data Recovery
- 4). Disk Drill
- 5). R-Studio
- 6). Acronis Revive
- 7). Remo Recover
- 8). Recover My Files
- 9). Puran Data Recovery
- 10). TestDisk
Best Free Data Recovery Mac
5 Top Free Data Recovery Software for Mac Users: (We have uncovered on this page)
- 1). EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
- 2). Disk Drill
- 3). PhotoRec
- 4). TestDisk
- 5). Exif Untrasher
4. How can I recover deleted files without software Mac free?
Free Data Recovery For Mac
There are two ways for you to recover deleted files on Mac for free without using data recovery software.
- One way is to undelete files from your Mac Trash bin.
When you mistakenly deleted files on Mac computer to the trash, and you didn't empty the trash, you can undelete them from your Trash for free.
- The other way that you can try is to recover deleted files from your Mac Time Machine backup.
If you have the habit of backing up files on Mac computer using the Time Machine, congratulations. When you delete some of them, luckily, you can bring them back immediately from your Time Machine backup. You can follow to Recover Files from Time Machine Backup for a detailed guide.
Deleted files in Mac OS X? Have files or whole partitions gone missing from your Mac? Having trouble accessing an external USB drive or SD card? Formatted partitions or portable storage devices? Need to recover lost data from FAT/NTFS/HFS+? Here we can solve all your Mac data recovery problems. We can make data recovery on your Mac OS X easy, fast and reliable.
Mac Any Data Recovery Pro can help you recover lost, missing or deleted files on your Mac(iMac, MacBook Air, Macmini, Mac Book Pro, Mac pro, Mac Server). It features SD Memory Card Data Recovery, USB Flash Drive or Pen Drive Data Recovery, External Hard Drive Data Recovery, Hard Drive Data Recovery, Partition Recovery, Raw Drive Recovery, Camera Photo Recovery. Many types of file can be recovered by this Mac Data Recovery software, such as photos, images, pictures, music files, songs, videos, documents, PDF files, Emails, archives, exe, dmg files and so on.
Mac Any Data Recovery Pro Features
Recovery Data from Memory Card on Mac
It can recover data from memory cards on Mac, such as SD Card, Camera Memory Card, Delkin Device Memory Card, PS2 Memory Card, Flash Card, Eye-Fi SD Card, Patriot Memory Card, Kingston Memory Card, Kingmax Memory Card, Transcend Memory Card, AmazonBasics, ACP-EP Memory, Transcend SD Card, Compact Flash card, XD Card, SmartMedia Card, Micro SD Card, SDHC Card, MMC Data, DDR Memory Card, Sandisk Memory Card, Sandisk CF Card, Sandisk SD Card, Sandisk SDXC Card, SanDisk, HTC Amaze Phone Memory Card, HTC One X/S/V Card, Samsung SD Card, Sony Memory Card and Mobile Memory Card.
Recovery Data from External Hard Drive on Mac
External hard drive is an good storage device for photos, videos, documents, and important business information. There are many popular external hard drive brands, such as Apricorn, Lacie, Seagate, Sandisk, Western Digital, Toshiba, Buffalo, CalDigit, Promise Technology, iStorage, Transcend and others. Most people choose it as their first choice to store personal or business files owing its high storage capacity and are extremely portable. But External hard drive is also the leading portable storage device from which folks lost their important files. Various reasons that data may lost from external hard drive like accidental deletion, format, raw, virus attack, system crash.
Recovery Data from Your Flash Drive on Mac
Data Recovery Software For Mac
USB flash drive is one of the most common types of the external storage devices and the top devices have been provided to the user in this part. There are many flash drives like USB Flash Drive, USB Memory, JumpDrive, Pen Drive, Pocket Drive, Thumb Drive. Mac Any Data Recovery Pro can recover data from Flash drives due to many data loss situations, such as Mistakenly or carelessly delete files from USB flash drive and cannot find them in the recycle bin or trash bin, Lose files when transferring them from USB flash drive to other devices for unknown reason, Forget to unplug USB flash drive after Mac computer shutting down and some files are deleted, USB flash drive suffers virus or malware attack and files get hidden or deleted, USB flash drive files become inaccessible due to unknown reasons, etc.
Any Data Recovery For Macbook Pro
Recovery Data from Digital Camera/Camcorder on Mac
Mac Data Recovery Service
Mac Any Data Recovery Pro can help you recover lost deleted formatted corrupted pictures including jpg, PNG, jpeg, bmp, tiff, RAW Image formats Nikon NEF, Canon CRW and CR2, Kodak DCR, Konica Minolta MRW, Fuji RAF, Sigma X3F, Sony SRF, Samsung DNG, Pentax PEF, Olympus ORF, Leica DNG, Panasonic RAW or videos from almost all digital camera DSC and DSLR cameras and HD video camcorders including Nikon Coolpix, Canon Powershot, EOS, IXUS, Rebel cameras, Sony Cybershot, Fujifilm Finepix, Olympus, Kodak, Casio, Panasonic, Samsung, Pentax, Fuji, Konica-Minolta, HP, Agfa, NEC, Imation, Sanyo, Epson, IBM, Goldstar, LG, SHARP, Lexar, Mitsubishi, Kyocera, JVC, Leica, Phillips, Toshiba, SanDisk, Chinon, Ricoh, Hitachi, Kinon, Verbatim, Vivitar, Yashica, Argus, Lumix, Polaroid, Sigma digital cameras.