Sep 26, 2016 Outlook Mac Archive Tool is an application for managing your mail and calendar items in Outlook Mac 2015/2016 for Office 365 or Office 2011, including archiving not just to your local hard drive/storage, but also optionally to the cloud (such as a Gmail or Outlook.com account). Nov 09, 2016 To disconnect the Outlook Archive folder, right click on the root Archive folder in the list of folders, and click Close Archive. If the Archives folder does not appear in your list of folders, you can find its location via File Account Settings Account Settings Data Files tab, select the archived.pst file, and click the Remove button. Outlook Email Archive X can archive your emails in six different ways with further sub-options. One of the features of OEAX is to archive emails as native. Outlook Email Archive X for Mac. To disconnect the Outlook Archive folder, right click on the root Archive folder in the list of folders, and click Close Archive. If the Archives folder does not appear in your list of folders, you can find its location via File Account Settings Account Settings Data Files tab, select the archived.pst file, and click the Remove button. Navigate to File Import Outlook for Mac archive file choose the file. File will be displayed in the list of folders. If all items are in place, you may empty the Archive folder. Outlook 2016 for Mac. Important: Archive button is available only on Exchange 2016. To start using local Mac archiving, you would need to create the Archive folder.
Summary:Learn how to open Outlook for Mac .OLM file in Windows Outlook by using the OLM to PST converter software or workaround method discussed in this post. This guide will help you open, access, and import the mailbox items in Outlook for Mac (.olm) to Outlook for Windows with 100% precision and accuracy.
Microsoft Outlook email client can be used on both Windows and Mac. However, both platforms store mailbox data in different kinds of Outlook data files. Outlook on Mac stores the mailbox items in an .olm file, while Outlook on Windows keeps the mail items in OST or PST file.
The OLM file extension is specific to Outlook for Mac and it was introduced with Outlook 2011 for Mac. Since the OLM file is specific to Mac, it cannot be opened through Windows Outlook. Thus, if you want to access and open Outlook for Mac .olm file, you must convert the .olm file to .pst by using an OLM to PST converter software.
Steps to Convert OLM to PST
To convert OLM to PST, you first need to export the OLM file from Outlook for Mac. The steps are as follows,
- In MS Outlook on Mac, go to Tools > Export. This will open an ‘Export to Archive Fil (.olm)’ window.
2. Select all mailbox Data and click ’Continue’.
3.Choose a location where you want to export and save OLM file and click ‘Save’
Download Disk Drill Pro 3.8.975 for Mac from our software library for free. The file size of the latest installation package available for download is 20.2 MB. The software lies within System Tools, more precisely Backup & Restore. This Mac download was scanned. The following extra tools are free and packed in Disk Drill right out-of-the-box. There’s no need to buy more apps to clean up your Macintosh, find duplicates on your hard drive, backup your data, or monitor your disks' health. Download free Disk Drill, and you are all covered. Additional tools are free. Perform data recovery from virtually any storage device. Connect the drive to your Mac and run a scan to detect data traces for possible restoration. Initiate and monitor the recovery process in real-time, pause, stop, and resume it according to the situation. Our software library provides a free download of Disk Drill 3.8.975 for Mac. The application is categorized as System Tools. Disk Drill Pro Crack Mac Overview: Disk Drill Pro 4.0.521 Crack for Mac is not just about recovering data from your Mac. It also comes with a useful disk tool for all data professionals and home users. The following additional tools are free and are packaged on the Drill Disk directly from the box. Disk drill pro for mac download. Download Disk Drill Pro for Mac - Easy to use macOS utility that provides support for recovering lost data, enables you to backup failing disks, can monitor S.M.A.R.T. Attributes, and more.
4.After export, click ‘Finish’
Once the OLM file has been created, you can copy it to your Windows PC and then convert the OLM file to Outlook importable PST format by using Stellar Converter for OLM.
You can open and save all mailbox items in OLM files such as Inbox, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes, etc. to PST file by using Stellar Converter for OLM. You can also save the converted emails into MSG (Message) and EML (Email) formats. Further, if you use the Technician version, the tool provides additional saving options such as Office 365, PDF, HTML, and RTF formats.
Alternatively, you may also follow a workaround method discussed below to import and open .olm mailbox items in Outlook for Windows.
Method to Open OLM Mailbox items in Outlook Windows via Gmail IMAP
In this method, an IMAP Server (Gmail in this case) is used as an intermediate mail server to sync and move the mail items in Mac Outlook (OLM) file to Windows Outlook. It is similar to using a storage device between two computers to transfer data.
The steps are as follows,
Step 1: Enable Gmail IMAP Settings
- Open Web browser, go to Gmail.com and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’.
- Then ‘Enable IMAP’ access and ‘Save Changes’.
Step 2: Add Gmail to Mac Outlook
- Go to Outlook on Mac and click on Outlook> Preferences.
- Click on ‘Accounts’ and then click ‘+’ icon.
- Select ‘New Account…’, and enter your Gmail ID.
- Click ‘Continue’ to sign in by using your Gmail account ID and then click ‘Allow’.
- Finally, click ‘Open Microsoft Outlook’
Step 3: Copy Mail Items from Mac Outlook Profile to Gmail Profile
- After a successful Gmail sign-in, right-click on the Gmail ID and select ‘New folder’ from the options.
- Name the folder ‘OLM Data’.
- Now right-click on the email folder stored in the OLM profile of your MS Outlook for Mac, such as Inbox, and choose ‘Copy Folder…’
In the search, enter ‘OLM Data’ and then select the ‘OLM Data’ folder.
Click ‘Copy’. This will copy the mail items from Outlook Mac (OLM) folder to the Gmail folder that we created earlier and named as ‘OLM Data’.
After copying, wait for the Gmail server to finish the sync.
Step 4: Add Gmail Account to Outlook for Windows and Export PST
Once all the copied email items are synched, go to your Windows Outlook and sign in using the same Gmail ID.
Then use open the Outlook Import/Export Wizard to export the copied mailbox data in Gmail’s OLM Data folder to PST.
This way, you can export the OLM data to PST indirectly. However, it’s important to note that not all mailbox items can be copied. Also, there are several limitations of this method, which are as follows,
- Data consistency problem and missing attachments
- This process can take several hours to finish
- You cannot sync or move more than 15GB data (max) via this method at once
- The structure and formatting are lost
- Data loss is also an issue
Thus, if you want to avoid all these issues, use the Stellar Converter for OLM software.
As Mac Outlook OLM file can’t be opened in MS Outlook in Windows, you must convert the OLM data to Outlook importable PST file format. In this guide, we discussed two different ways to convert OLM data to PST and open Outlook for Mac mailbox items in Outlook for Windows.
However, as the manual method is quite long, risks data loss and limits you in several ways from moving or saving OLM data to PST file, use the Stellar Converter for OLM to open the Outlook for Mac (.OLM file) in Outlook for Windows. The software converts the OLM data, such as emails, attachments, contacts, calendar, notes, etc. and saves it to PST with 100% accuracy and precision.
To know the steps to run this converter utility, visit here: https://www.stellarinfo.com/support/kb/index.php/article/how-to-convert-olm-to-pst
This article will explain how to archive Mailbox data locally in Outlook for Mac 2016
Outlook 2016 for Mac
To create Archive archive folder choose one or more messages that you would like to archive > chose Archive on the ribbon. As soon as you choose Archive, you will get a prompt The 'Archive' folder for 'Microsoft' does not exist > to proceed click Continue button. The Archive folder will be automatically created.
To set up archiving rule
Mac Outlook Archive File
- In Outlook 2011 or 2016 for Mac, go to Tools > Rules.
- Alternatively, go to Rules from the ribbon and select Edit rules:
- Alternatively, go to Rules from the ribbon and select Edit rules:
- Select Exchange on the left pane menu and click on ‘+’ to add a new rule:
- Give the rule a name and specify the conditions using drop-down lists as follows:
- If all conditions are met: Selected.
- When a new message arrives: Date Received is greater than enter any number days old.
- Do the following: Move Message any folder on your computer.
- Do not apply other rules to messages that meet these conditions: Enabling this option is up to you and depends on your other rules.
- Enabled: Checked.
- Click OK to save the rule.
- Apply the rule by clicking on the source folder, then Rules > Apply > Name of the rule.
- To export the data from Archive folder navigate to File > Export. On dialog window choose types of items that should be included in the archive file. Click Continue.
- On next dialog window type the name of the archive file and select the location on your computer, where the file should be stored. You may add the tags optionally. Click Save.
Note: When you run this rule for the first time, archiving may take a lot of time to complete depending on your mailbox size.
- After the task completed you will find the .olm file with your mailbox items saved on the computer.
- Confirm that items are in the file. Navigate to File > Import > Outlook for Mac archive file > choose the file. File will be displayed in the list of folders. If all items are in place, you may empty the Archive folder.