If you’re someone who’s looking for a Bluestacks alternative that offers tons of. If you need the previous version of BlueStacks App Player, check out the app's version history which includes all versions available to download. Download prior versions of BlueStacks App Player for Mac. All previous versions of BlueStacks App Player are virus-free and free to download at Uptodown. The BlueStacks App Player 4.50 is a professional application for creating a virtual environment for running Android applications on Mac. The application comes with a professional user interface and straightforward set of tools that enhance the workflow. To download Bluestacks App Player for Windows and Mac, all you have to do is go to the official site and select the platform, Windows or Mac OS X, and just hit the download button and your download will start.
|Industry||Virtualization, mobile software|
|Founded||April 25, 2009; 11 years ago|
|Founders||Rosen Sharma, Jay Vaishnav, Suman Saraf|
|Products||App Player, GamePop|
There are many alternatives to BlueStacks for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is Nox App Player, which is free.If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 22 alternatives to BlueStacks and eight of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement.
BlueStacks Client with Androidhome screen open as of September 2014.
|Operating system||Windows 7 or later;macOS Sierra or later|
|Available in||48 languages|
BlueStacks is an American technology company that produces the BlueStacks App Player and other cloud-based cross-platform products. The BlueStacks App Player is designed to enable Android applications to run on PCs running Microsoft Windows and Apple's macOS. The company was founded in 2009 by Jay Vaishnav, Suman Saraf, and Rosen Sharma, former CTO at McAfee and a board member of Cloud.com.
Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint, Samsung, Intel, Qualcomm, Citrix, Radar Partners, Ignition Partners, AMD, and others.
The company was announced May 25, 2011, at the Citrix Synergy conference in San Francisco. Citrix CEO Mark Templeton demonstrated an early version of BlueStacks onstage and announced that the companies had formed a partnership. The public alpha version of App Player was launched on October 11, 2011. App Player exited beta on June 7, 2014.
The App Player can be downloaded on Windows 10 and macOS software that virtualizes an Android OS. The software's basic features are free to download and use. Advanced optional features require a paid monthly subscription. The company claims the App Player can run 1.5 million Android apps as of November 2019. As of November 2019, BlueStacks have been downloaded over 210 million times. App Player features mouse, keyboard, and external touchpad controls.
BlueStacks for Mac
On June 27, 2012, the company released an alpha-1 version of its App Player software for macOS, while the beta version was released on December 27, 2012.
In April 2015, BlueStacks, Inc. announced that a new version of App Player for macOS, 2.0, was in development, which was released in July.
In December 2015, BlueStacks, Inc. released the new version BlueStacks 2.0 which lets users run multiple Android applications simultaneously. BlueStacks 2.0 was also available for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later, till 2018.
BlueStacks TV (BTV)
On April 7, 2016, the company released BlueStacks TV which integrated Twitch.tv directly into the BlueStacks App Player. This addition allows users to stream their apps to Twitch without the need for extra hardware or software. BlueStacks released Facebook Live integration in September 2016, allowing users to stream their gameplay to their Facebook profiles, Pages they control, or Facebook Groups they belong to.
In July 2017, BlueStacks released BlueStacks 3 based on a brand new engine and front-end design. BlueStacks 3 added App Center which personalizes game suggestions, an account system, chat, new keymapping interface, and multi-instance. Multi-instance allows users to launch multiple BlueStacks windows using either the same or different Google Play account.
On January 19, 2018, BlueStacks announced the release of the BlueStacks + N Beta which runs on Android 7 (Android Nougat) and claimed to be the first and only Android gaming platform to have Android 7 at the time, since the majority of Android emulators ran Android 4.4 (KitKat), including prior BlueStacks versions. This beta version is powered by an upgraded 'HyperG' graphics engine allowing BlueStacks to utilize the full array of Android 7 APIs
On September 18, 2018, BlueStacks announced the release of its latest flagship version, BlueStacks 4. BlueStacks 4 benchmarks 6-8x faster than every major mobile phone according to the Antutu benchmark. BlueStacks 4 also includes dynamic resource management which only initializes the required Android libraries thus freeing resources. A new dock and search offer a clean user interface. New AI powered key-mapping tool auto maps keys in supported games with key customization also available for further tweaking. In addition, BlueStacks 4 supports both 32-bit and 64-bit version of Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
Development for macOS has been restarted, and version 4 is currently available from the website as of November 2019, first released for Mac in January 2019.
BlueStacks 4 64-Bit Beta
On January 17, 2019, BlueStacks released a 64-bit version of BlueStacks 4 via its early access program. This version runs on a 64-bit version of Android 7.1.2 which allows for improved performance, and more efficient memory usage. The prerequisites for running this build include running a 64-bit version of Windows 8 or later, with virtualization enabled, and Hyper-V disabled. Punch professional home design for mac. This 64-bit release allows the installation and usage of ARM64-v8a android applications.
Current minimum requirements for App Player for Windows include: Windows 7 or higher, 2 GB or higher system memory, 5 GB of hard drive space, administrator rights, and an Intel or AMD processor. BlueStacks clashes with the BitDefender antivirus software. An update to the latest graphic card driver version is also recommended.
Minimum requirements for macOS are: macOS Sierra or higher, 4 GB RAM, 4 GB disk space.
Bluestacks 4 For Mac
On May 9, 2013, the subscription service GamePop was announced. It allows users to play as many as 500 mobile games on TV. On July 23, 2014 Samsung announced  it had invested in and was backing GamePop. This brought total outside investment in BlueStacks to $26 million.
- ^'BlueStacks hits a billion apps used per month and launches new mobile platform'. VentureBeat. December 3, 2015. Archived from the original on June 9, 2020. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- ^'BlueStacks Partners With AMD, Bringing 500,000 Android Apps To Windows PCs'. TechCrunch. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- ^ ab'Bluestacks'. CrunchBase. Archived from the original on June 9, 2020.
- ^Media, Ryan Daws 19th September 2018 TechForge (September 19, 2018). 'BlueStacks emulates Android '6x faster' than leading smartphone and is a verified app (safe to download)'. Developer Tech News. Archived from the original on June 9, 2020. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- ^'Download BlueStacks Offline Installer'. Bluestacks - The Best Android Emulator on PC as Rated by You. January 21, 2017. Archived from the original on October 8, 2018. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^ ab'System requirements for BlueStacks 4'. BlueStacks Support. Archived from the original on November 2, 2019. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^'How can I Install and launch BlueStacks on Mac OS?'. BlueStacks Support. Archived from the original on November 2, 2019. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^ abEtherington, Darrell. 'After 10M Downloads, Samsung Backs GamePop As BlueStacks Adds $13M In New Funding'. TechCrunch. Archived from the original on July 24, 2014. Retrieved July 23, 2014.
- ^Empson, Rip. 'BlueStacks Releases App Player And Cloud Connect Service To Let You Run Android Apps On Your PC'. TechCrunch. Archived from the original on December 8, 2011. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- ^Whitney, Lance. 'Android apps can now run on your PC via BlueStacks'. CNET. Archived from the original on December 8, 2011. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- ^'BlueStacks Features and Comparison'. Bluestacks - The Best Android Emulator on PC as Rated by You. Archived from the original on November 2, 2019. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^'What is Bluestacks?'. Bluestacks - The Best Android Emulator on PC as Rated by You. Archived from the original on November 1, 2019. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^Rosenblatt, Seth. 'BlueStacks ports Android apps to Mac'. CNET. Archived from the original on June 28, 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- ^'BlueStacks - Did you pre-order the new Macbook?'. www.facebook.com. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^'Bluestacks Review and Fix Engine issues'. TechnoIliyas. Archived from the original on May 13, 2020. Retrieved March 31, 2020.
- ^'BlueStacks 2.0 Launched, Lets You Run Multiple Apps Simultaneously'. NDTV Gadgets 360. Archived from the original on November 2, 2019. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^'Twitch users can now live stream Android games from their PC'. techcrunch.com. Archived from the original on April 8, 2016. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- ^'Stream Android apps on Facebook Live with Bluestacks'. engadget.com. Archived from the original on September 22, 2016. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
- ^'BlueStacks 2 vs. BlueStacks 3 Features'. bluestacks.com. July 30, 2017. Archived from the original on July 30, 2017. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^'Android N Comes to PC; BlueStacks Releases the First Android Gaming Platform Ever to Run Android N'. gamasutra.com. Archived from the original on January 19, 2018. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- ^'BlueStacks, an Android emulator for PC, gets an update with major performance upgrade'. gamasutra.com. Archived from the original on September 19, 2018. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- ^Kumar, Rahul (August 19, 2019). 'Is Bluestacks safe for Windows and macOS PC?'. HubsAdda. Archived from the original on August 19, 2019. Retrieved August 19, 2019.
- ^'Release Notes'. BlueStacks Support. Archived from the original on November 4, 2019. Retrieved November 4, 2019.
- ^'Join our Discord Server for Early Access Releases and a Great Community'. reddit.com. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- ^'r/BlueStacks - BlueStack and Bitdefender blocking some XML files'. reddit. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- ^Empson, Rip. 'After 10M Downloads, BlueStacks Takes On OUYA With Game Console And $6.99 All-You-Can-Play Service'. TechCrunch. Archived from the original on June 7, 2013. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- ^'Samsung invests $13M in Android microgaming console GamePop'. CNET. Archived from the original on March 7, 2018. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Official website
BlueStacks for Mac: Bluestacks App player is the best Android emulator, and it is the leading app player for PC and MAC for running Android apps on PC. Playing Games and Using Android Apps on the larger screens like Mac book will give an awesome experience. If you are searching for Bluestacks for Mac, then you are at the right place as there are lots of guides on how to download Bluestacks for Windows PC, but you will find fewer guides on how to install Bluestacks on Mac. Here we are going to show how to download Bluestacks for Mac OS X Yosemite/EI Captain.
Bluestacks has got some cons for running it on Windows but using it on Mac gives an excellent experience as Mac has got better ram optimization than other PCs. Bluestacks always offers regular updates, and you can find the direct download link here after the release of the new update. It comes with inbuilt Playstore App by which you can download Android apps directly onto App player. You can also install apps by downloading apk from any apk providing websites and also Root Bluestacks easily.
Table of Contents
- 1 Bluestacks for Mac
- 1.1 Features of Bluestacks for Mac
Download Bluestacks for Mac using the below download link directly into Mac book. It may take some time to download depending on your download speed. Anyone can install Bluestacks on the Mac, but it might confuse for some newbies, but it’s easy. After downloading Bluestacks click on the downloaded file to open and follow on-screen instructions to install. Now open Bluestacks and click on the Android Tab to View pre-installed Apps in Bluestacks.
Install Apps from Playstore
This software comes with pre-installed Apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, and Instagram. To download apps from Play store, you need to login into Play store using the Google account. After that, you can download any app by just clicking the search icon in the dashboard and type the app name, and it will redirect to PlayStore.
Bluestacks For Mac Os XNow click on Install button to download the App directly into Bluestacks.
Bluestack App Player For Mac Os X 10.11
Install apps using Apk file.
You can also install Apps in Bluestacks for Mac by downloading Apk from the Apk sources other than Playstore. Just Download the apk file then navigate to Apk File Location. Now Right click on the apk file and click open with Bluestacks handler and the app will get installed in Bluestacks.
Features of Bluestacks for Mac
- In Built PlayStore which will help you to download apps directly.
- User-Friendly UI, easy to use.
- It Works with all Macbooks with one-click app installation.
- Smoother and faster than other emulators for Mac.
- Inbuilt Google play service which will enable you to run Apps smoothly
- It comes with pre-installed Apps in Bluestacks for Mac
Wrapping Up: Install Bluestacks for Mac.
That’s it for this article on How to Download and Install Bluestacks for Mac. Hope you have Successfully installed Bluestacks on Mac. If you have any question regarding installing Bluestacks, please leave a comment below. You can also give feedback through contact us page.