A completely cluttered desktop is the last thing I want to see on my Mac. However, I do have to deal with the messed up display quite often. Many a time, I save files on the desktop to find them a bit more conveniently. And if I forget to clean them up in time, they pile up to clutter the entire screen. But when that happens, I run to some of the easy-to-use tricks to hide desktop icons on Mac to get rid of the mess immediately. So, why not give them a try straight away!
- Disk Icons For Mac Desktop
- Disk Icons For Mac Osx
- Disk Icons For Mac Versions
- Disk Icons For Macbook
- Free Desktop Icons For Mac
How to Hide Desktop Icons on Mac Using Terminal
Disk Icons For Mac Desktop
Update: Check out the new OWC icons here! Recently, OWC Chris S. Demonstrated how to create custom Mac icons for use with folders and apps among other things. However, if you’re looking for pre-made icons from OWC, we have you covered. OWC ships all of its drives with a custom drive icon to help differentiate it from your other FireWire and USB devices. Mac disk Icons - Download 1460 Free Mac disk icons @ IconArchive. Search more than 600,000 icons for Web & Desktop here.
Disk Icons For Mac Osx
- Moving a file icon from one on-screen disk to another in Mac OS X Lion works the same way as moving an icon from one folder to another, with one notable exception: When you move a file from one disk to another, you automatically make a copy of it, leaving the original untouched and unmoved.
- Changing a Mac’s Icon With an ICNS Icon. The Apple Icon Image format supports a wide variety of icon types ranging from tiny 16-by-16-pixel icons to the 1024-by-1024 ones for Retina-equipped Macs.ICNS files are a handy way to store and distribute Mac icons, but their one downside is that the method of copying an image from the ICNS file to a folder or drive is slightly different from the.
Step #1. Launch the Terminal app on your Mac. (Simply search it in the Spotlight and open it.)
Step #2. Now, you have to type the following command:
Step #3. Next, press Enter and then type the second command given below:
Step #4. Next up, hit the enter key.
Voila! Check out the desktop; there won’t be any files on the screen.
Don’t worry, they are just hidden and you can still find them in the Finder → Desktop section.
However, if you ever want to show them on the desktop again, simply enter the following command and hit return/enter key.
Disk Icons For Mac Versions
Use HiddenMe App to Hide Desktop Icons on Mac
If you want to have an even easier option or don’t wish to deal with the Terminal commands too often, there is an app called HiddenMe that can let you quickly remove all the files from the desktop. Moreover, it’s available for free and works like a native feature on the Mac.
Step #1. First off, download HiddenMe on your computer and launch it.
Step #2. Now, check out a circle icon in the menu bar. Click on it and then select Hide Desktop Icons.
Now, all the files will go away from the screen. If you want to bring them back, click on the circle icon and then select Show Desktop Icons.
Note: if you ever want to remove the HiddenMe icon from the menu bar, click on it and select Quit.
Use Desktop Stacks on Mac
Apple has introduced a new Stacks feature in macOS Mojave to let users keep the desktop neat and clean. So, how does this feature work? Well, it basically organizes all the files into file types and then places them on the right edge of the screen.
However, you have the option to stack them based on date added, date modified, and more. To use it, right-click on the View menu and select Use Stacks. To sort or group stacks based on your preference, right-click on the desktop and then select Sort stacks by/Group stacks → choose the preferred option.
Workaround: The Old-Fashioned Way of Cleaning Up the Mess
Disk Icons For Macbook
It’s the old-fashioned way of clearing out the mess. And I think you probably already know about it.
Just drag the icons from the desktop to another folder for removing it.
Alternatively, you can drag the unwanted icons to Trash to remove them. Alternatively, you will also right-click on the icon and choose “Move to Trash.”
Hopefully, you have got all the tricks required to keep your Mac desktop clean or remove the clutter instantly. Let us know your feedback down below in the comments.
You would like to refer these posts as well:
This tagging can be done automatically when you save a file as PDF format. Or, you can also save a file by clicking the Save icon in the ribbon.In the Save As box, type a name for the file. Microsoft word for mac 15. That way, you'll have two files: a Word document you can continue to edit and a PDF file you can share.If you don't change the name, your document will be converted to a PDF and you won't be able to change it back without using specialized software or a third-party add-in.In the File Format box, click PDF.Click Export.Email a PDF copy of your document from WordYou can send a PDF copy of your document directly from Word.On the File menu, click Share Send PDF. Save your document as a tagged PDF.On the File menu, click Save As. Important:.Give the PDF a different name than the original document.
Jignesh Padhiyar is the co-founder of iGeeksBlog.com who has a keen eye for news, rumors and all the unusual stuff that happens around Apple products. During his tight schedule, Jignesh finds some moments of respite to share side-splitting contents on social media.
- https://www.igeeksblog.com/author/iosblogger/How to Share Purchased Apps Between iPhones and iPads
Custom icons for AKiTiO storage drives:
|File||Description||File size||Last modified|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the aDrive U3||1371 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for generic AKiTiO drive||896 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the AKiTiO Palm RAID||1363 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for AKiTiO Thunder2 Duo Pro||3160 kB||Jun 02, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the AKiTiO Thunder2 Quad||1728 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for AKiTiO Thunder2 Quad Mini||1595 kB||May 17, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for AKiTiO Thunder2 Storage-AV||1364 kB||Jun 01, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the AKiTiO Thunder3 Duo Pro||1143 kB||May 24, 2017|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the AKiTiO Thunder3 Quad Mini||957 kB||Jun 13, 2017|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the AKiTiO ThunderGo||1255 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the Neutrino Thunder D3||1433 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the Neutrino Thunder Duo||1539 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the Neutrino Thunderbolt Edition||1329 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the Neutrino U3||1863 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the Neutrino U3+||1863 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the NT2 U3.1||1017 kB||Jun 13, 2017|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for SK-2500 U3||3654 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the SK-2520 U3.1||975 kB||May 24, 2017|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the SK-3501 U3||1130 kB||Jun 13, 2017|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for Taurus Super-S LCM||3261 kB||Feb 03, 2015|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the Thunder3 Quad X||801 kB||Aug 17, 2017|
|Drive icon (*.icns) for the Thunder3 RAID Station||1658 kB||Mar 15, 2018|
How to change a drive icon on Mac OS X
Free Desktop Icons For Mac
- Turn on the external drive and connect it to your computer.
- Download the icon for the corresponding drive from above and store the ZIP file on your computer.
- Unzip the file and store the image found inside it (*.icns) on the desktop.
- Click on the drive on your desktop to select it and then choose Get Info from the file menu or click Command + I.
- Make sure that you have permissions to access and edit the drive. Usually, there is no need to change anything but if you have read only access, it's not possible to change the drive icon.
- Drag the *.icns image from your desktop to the little drive icon in the top left corner of the Info window. When you see a green plus sign, drop it to change the icon.
- Done! You can now delete the *.icns image from your desktop.
- To restore the default drive icon, go back to Get Info. Select the little drive icon in the top left corner of the Info window and then select Cut from the edit menu.