Disk Tools for Mac OS 8.1 PowerPC-based computers. Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site.
- Disk Tools for Mac OS 8.1 PowerPC-based computers. Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site.
- Disk Drill is suitable for Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later. The most frequent installer filename for the application is: diskdrill.dmg. This free Mac app is a product of Cleverfiles. The most popular versions of Disk Drill for Mac are 2.4, 2.3 and 2.1. This app's bundle is identified as com.cleverfiles.DiskDrill.
- The best Mac disk repair, diagnostic tools & more! I have put together a list of what are, in my opinion, the ten best Mac disk repair software and other excellent Mac tools for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing a Mac. Many of them are free or offer a free trial.
- If you're planning on running the treasures of the past you'll find here on real old Macintosh hardware from the 90's, you sir/madame, deserve to win an Internet! For others, there's SheepShaver, a PowerPC emulator capable of running Mac OS 9.0.4 down to Mac OS 7.5.2 and there's Basilisk II, a 68k emulator, capable of running Mac OS (8.1 to 7.0).
I have put together a list of what are, in my opinion, the ten best Mac disk repair software and other excellent Mac tools for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing a Mac. Many of them are free or offer a free trial. As Macs continue to gain market share, there is an increased likelihood that you will have to support them if you are a tech. And even if you aren’t a tech, it’s good to know which tools are the best to use when it comes time to repair your own.
Mac OS from Apple WWDC2019
Disk Warrior Trial
Free Mac Disk Repair Software
Drive Genius – is it the Best Mac Repair App
Introduction to our Top 10 Mac Repair Software
Did you know there are several Mac disk repair options that each function differently and one may suit your needs better than another? I detail several for you below so you can decide.
More than just a list of disk repair software, I provide many Mac software solutions for you and your clients! Even better, some are free!
Want to clone a Mac drive? Want to monitor a Mac’s hardware sensors? Want heroic system recovery for mere mortals?! Oh, there are some great software here! Read on.
TechTool Protogo is a Mac repair program suite which contains three of Micromat’s best Mac repair tools; TechTool Pro 8, TechTool Pro Classic, and DiskStudio.
Protogo creates a bootable Mac repair toolbox with these tools as well as any of your own tools on a portable hard drive or flash drive.
You can then boot from this drive, bypassing the OS, and run diagnostics on a computer to determine problems.
Protogo also allows you to repair and recover data from problematic hard drives as well as defragment, optimize, and securely delete data.
Memtest OS X
Memtest OS X is a memory testing program for Mac OS X. It is a command line utility so it can be ran in OS X or in Single-User Mode if your Mac will not boot.
It is great for testing intermittent system problems when you are having trouble determining if it is a memory problem.
If you prefer memtest with a GUI front-end, then be sure to check out Rember.
Rember will run in OS X but will not work in Single-User Mode so Memtest OS X is the better option.
Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player is a Blu-ray player software for Apple Mac, which can successfully play Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray Menu. The playback can be up to 1080p HD quality without loss of data and frame, and allows full preservation of all audio tracks, subs streams, chapter markers and videos, along with DTS5.1, you can enjoy fantastic home cinema entertainment. Macgo offers the first Blu-ray Player for Mac, the best Blu-ray Player software for Windows and iPhone tools like iPhone Cleaner, iPhone Data Recovery, iPhone Explorer, etc. Macgo Blu-ray Player Software for Mac & Win, iPhone Manage tools software. Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player Pro version is the best entertainment choice for the original Blu-ray Menu, Blu-ray Disc, ISO files, and BDMV folder. The Pro version enhances 4K video viewing experience and original audio quality, and improves player performance with better hardware acceleration. It can be fully compatible with the latest Mac OS 10.15. Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player is the world's No.1 media player software which supports Mac OS X to play Blu-ray Menu, Blu-ray folders, Blu-ray Discs and DVDs, ISO files perfectly with cinema-like experience.
Mac Disk Repair – DiskWarrior 5
Disk Repair for Macs – DiskWarrior utilizes a unique disk repair method for Macs
DiskWarrior is arguably one of the best hard drive repair programs for the Mac.
It works differently than other data repair programs.
Instead of trying to rebuild the damaged data itself, DiskWarrior builds replacement data based off of the original data.
It then verifies the new data structure based on the original to make sure it is error free.
You can also use DiskWarrior as a preventative maintenance utility for hard disks.
When run, it rebuilds your directory eliminating any damage that you may not be aware of. It also optimizes the directory for better performance.
Cost: $99.95 but look for a trial.
If it is more serious and your Mac’s hard drive has crashed, I have provided an extensive data recovery guide with a list of Hard Drive Recovery Tools in my article How to Recover Data from a Crashed Hard Drive.
First Free Disk Repair-Mac – OnyX
Disk Tools For Mac Os Torrent Pirate Bay
Onyx is a maintenance, optimization, and personalization utility for Mac OS X.
It allows you to run hard drive diagnostics, run system maintenance tasks, delete caches, and configure tons of OS X hidden features.
Even if you aren’t using it as a repair utility, it is a great application to help keep your Mac running in top shape.
Mac Data Rescue
Data Rescue is a data recovery program that focuses purely on recovering data from corrupt drives instead of hard drive repair.
It scans the corrupt drive analyzing all of its contents and allows you to choose which data you would like to recover.
It even scans for deleted files. Data Rescue II restores the data to a separate drive leaving the original data intact.
It comes with an emergency boot CD that you can use to recover data when the computer will not boot and it also works on drives that won’t mount.
AppCleaner may not be classified as a repair tool but it can be used as one.
When you are having trouble with an application in OS X, you can simply remove it by dragging it to the Trash.
However, this still leaves behind the applications preferences, caches, and other files that could still cause the same problem after you reinstall it.
AppCleaner will remove all of these files making sure that the app is completely gone before you attempt a reinstall.
Drive Genius – Is this the Best Mac Repair App?!
Drive Genius is a disk utility application for Macs.
Its main features include:
- running benchtests,
- directory repair,
- integrity checks,
- surface scans,
- shredding data, and more.
With all these features, you can see why I ask is it the best Mac repair app overall!
This is actually the same program used to defrag Macs at the Genius Bar in Apple Stores.
Oh yes, Apple uses it.
Drive Genius also comes on a bootable DVD so you can run it even when a Mac will not boot.
Mac Backup – Carbon Copy Cloner
Carbon Copy Cloner is a simple yet very effective backup utility for the Mac. Like most other backup utilities, it can be scheduled to backup your Mac on a regular basis.
The best part, however, is its ability to completely clone a hard drive with it still being bootable.
This tool comes in very handy when you are replacing hard drives, setting up multiple Macs, or recovering from a system crash.
Carbon Copy Cloner is donation-ware so you can download it for free without any restrictions.
Maybe you will be so pleased you will buy them a coffee anyway!
You can also check out SuperDuper which has more features but costs $27.95.
However, if you just need a simple backup and cloning utility, Carbon Copy Cloner does a great job.
Cost: Free! (donation-ware)
Apple Mac Disk Repair – AppleJack
AppleJack is a troubleshooting utility for Mac OS X. It runs under Single-User Mode so it can be used even when OS X will not boot.
AppleJack will repair disks, repair permissions, cleanup cache files, validate preference files, and remove swap files.
You can select these tasks individually or have AppleJack run all of them and even reboot when finished.
Unfortunately, at the time of writing this article, AppleJack is not yet compatible with Leopard but a new version is in the works. Be sure to check their page frequently for an update because this is an invaluable tool.
When I updated this article for 2020, I checked on SourceForge and there were over 600 downloads last week!
Cost: Free! (open-source)
Hardware Monitor is a utility that allows you to view data from the hardware sensors in a Mac.
It currently has support for temperature readings, battery data, voltage, current, fan speed, power and load, ambient light, as well as user-defined artificial sensors.
It’s a great utility to use when simply trying to find out if your hardware is malfunctioning.
Cost: € 7.00 (can also be purchased with U.S. Dollars)
OSX disk repair
This is kind of a nice segway into handy hardware tools and toolkits. Click on the following link if you want to see some great ideas on what I recommend for your Mac or PC Repair Toolkit.
As you may know, I believe your should support Macs in your Computer IT Consultant Business. I state my case here in my article on Why You Should Support Macs With Your IT Business.
Well if you were counting, that is 4 totally free Mac OSX disk repair utilities, and one so cheap it may as well be free!
The best Mac repair disk software may well be a paid one depending on your exact needs, and I’ve shown you my pick for the best of those too.
If you know of other great Mac software let me know in the comments below. What Mac OS X repair tools do you like? Is there another Mac Disk Repair utility you’d suggest? Please leave a comment to help others, or if the above tools have helped you.
And as for hardware, click this link if you want to repair hard drive-Mac for more details.
Summary of Best Mac Repair Software:
Excellent Mac disk repair software is provided above, for you to consider and try their features for yourself. I didn’t stop there. This list contains some other handy Mac software I consider to be the best tools for techs and Mac owners.
- Recover Permanently Deleted Files
- Recover Data from All Mac Devices
- Recover Unlimited File Formats with Ease
- Recover Data from Crashed Mac New!
- Restore Data from Formatted/Corrupt Partition
- Two Scan Modes, File Preview, Recover Anytime
- Disk Imaging & Monitor Drive Health
- Repair Corrupt Videos and Photos
Recover Permanently Deleted Files
- Recover files, images, videos, audio & emails emptied from Trash.
- Scan Mac storage drive for free to restore deleted Word, PowerPoint, Excel files.
- Recover files of native apps like Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Keynote, etc.
Recover Data from All Mac Devices
- Recover data from MacBook Pro/Air, iMac, Mac mini, etc.
- Recover data from SSD, HDD, SD card, USB, Fusion Drive, etc.
- Compatible with Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, etc. Support APFS, HFS+, FAT & NTFS drives.
Recover Unlimited File Formats with Ease
Disk Tools For Mac Os Torrent Download
- The Mac file recovery software can scan & preview files for free, and restore unlimited types of file formats.
- Allow you to add new or custom file formats to the supported file formats list.
- Read file header information and use file signature-based technique to recover any file format.
Recover Data from Crashed Mac New!
- This data recovery software for Mac allows you to create bootable recovery USB drive.
- Recover data from crashed Mac due to ‘grey screen of death’, software bugs, etc.
- Enable direct access to the startup volume of crashed Mac for scanning & data recovery.
Restore Data from Formatted/Corrupt Partition
- Deep scan formatted partition or volume for free to recover lost data.
- Retrieve files due to partition or file system corruption, wrong partition deletion or resizing.
- Help regain data from accidentally deleted BootCamp partition.
Two Scan Modes, File Preview, Recover Anytime
- ‘Quick Scan’ scans drive faster while ‘Deep Scan’ suits for formatted/corrupt drive recovery.
- Choose specific file types to scan for free. Preview all recoverable files to verify. macOS-like GUI.
- Save the scan result and reload anytime to resume the data recovery process.
Disk Imaging & Monitor Drive Health
- Create image of drive having bad sectors to allow faster & secure data recovery.
- Drive Monitor in the free Mac data recovery software keeps track of drive temperature, performance & health.
- Scan Disk module in the Drive Monitor scans & reports bad sectors. Clone Disk feature creates replica of drive.
Repair Corrupt Videos and Photos
Disk Tools For Mac Os Torrent Kickass
- World’s only Mac data recovery software with video and photo repair function.
- Repair not playing, blurry, frozen, grainy, and out of sync videos. Preview repaired videos.
- Repair not opening, pixelated, distorted or split photos. Extract thumbnails of severely corrupt photos.