Easiest way to find WiFi Password on Mac – find your WIFI Password on mac without keychain:
Find Password For Wifi On Mac
WiFi Password is a necessary information required to connect a device with Internet Router. When you connect your MacBook to WiFi Connection for first time, you know the WiFi Password. Thereafter, your MacBook saves the WiFi Password and it works as auto fill every time you connect. So you forget the password after a few months. But when you want to connect other device(s) with your WiFi Network, you need to find the WiFi Password on Mac.
It is a very simple task to find WiFi Password on Mac. In Windows PC System, WiFi Password is stored in Network & Internet Settings, while in MacBook, WiFi Password is stored in KeyChain Access. So you shouldn’t worry as we are going to help you on how to find WiFi Password on Mac. Our team has done a research and found some easiest ways to find out WiFi Password on Mac without any hassle in a few moments.
- 2 KeyChain Access
- 3 How to Find WiFi Password on Mac
This video will show you how to find Wifi password on Mac. Please like and subscribe my video.
- In most cases, people can find out their Wi-Fi network's password quite easily, especially in the case of home routers which allow for the password to be changed through a software interface,.
- Find WiFi Password on Mac Without Resetting your Router Some people have often complained that they find it really tough to remember the password for their home WiFi network. In a typical case, users simply need to enter the password one time and save it to the Keychain access and just forget about it.
What is a WiFi Password?
A WiFi Password is an alphanumeric security code for connecting a device to a Wireless Internet Router. Because the Router is secured by WPA PSK or WAP2PSK protection. So the only users with correct password can connect to the WiFi Internet.
KetChain Access is an App on MacBook System that stores all important passwords. The KeyChain Access stores Social Media Account Passwords, Email Passwords, Website/Blog Passwords and WiFi Passwords. Whenever you forget a password which you have accessed earlier on MacBook, you can easily find it in KeyChain Access App.
When do you need to find your WiFi Password?
Find Wifi Password Mac
Your WiFi Password is saved in MacBook when you first time connected it to WiFi Router. So you don’t need to remember & enter the WiFi Password again. But you have to find the WiFi Password when you want to connect your iPhone, iPad or other device. You also need to find the WiFi Password when your friend(s) or relative wants to use your internet on their MacBook or Cell Phone.
How to Find WiFi Password on Mac
You don’t need to have any expert technical skills to find WiFi Password on Mac. It is not that you must be a Mac developer, any MacBook User can easily find out his/her WiFi Password without any risk in less than one minute. There are three simplest methods to find WiFi Password on Mac as mentioned below:
- Find WiFi Password on Mac using KeyChain Access
- Find WiFi Password on Mac using Terminal
- Find WiFi Password on Mac using Third Party App/Software
Here we will explain both the above methods in a simple way so that you can easily find your WiFi Password on your MacBook.
01. Find WiFi Password on Mac using KeyChain Access
KeyChain Access is the password management application in Apple Mac OS X. Therefore, it is the easiest way to find WiFi Password using KeyChain Access App. You should follow the simple steps given below:
01. Select Applications and go to Utilities on your MacBook.
02. Click on KeyChain Access App Icon to launch the application (you can directly open KeyChain Access by searching it in Finder/Spotlight).
03. See the categories on left panel and click on Passwords tab in KeyChain Access.
04. View the list of Websites and Networks saved in KeyChain Access.
05. Navigate to WiFi Network Name and Double Click on it.
06. Now check the Box Show Password in WiFi Network Attributes.
07. A New Popup Window will appear, you must enter your Admin User Name and Password.
08. Click on OK/Allow button to view your WiFi Password on your MacBook Screen.
Search WiFi Password by Network Name in KeyChain Access:
If you have saved hundreds of passwords and logins in your MacBook, the KeyChain Access will show a long list. You don’t need to go through whole list to find your WiFi Password. If you remember your WiFi Network Name, just search it in “Search Bar” in KeyChain Access App.
How to Find WiFi Network Name on Mac
If you don’t know your WiFi Network Name, just turn the WiFi Router On and check WiFi Icon at top of the screen in your MacBook. Your WiFi Network Name will be displayed in the list of Available Networks. Note down the WiFi Name and find the same in KeyChain Access App to find your WiFi Password. Tp link for mac os.
02. Find WiFi Password on Mac using Terminal
Terminal is the best app on MacBook that allows the users to access everything in seconds. Terminal App works on Mac just as the Command Prompt on Windows System. You can find your WiFi Password on Mac using Terminal App, the procedure is given as follows:
- Open Applications and go to Utilities.
- Select Terminal App to launch it on your MacBook.
- Type the Command in Terminal as “security find-generic-password -ga “WIFI_NAME” grep “password:”
- Enter your WiFi Network Name in place of “WiFi Name” in above command.
- Press Enter key and a Popup Window will show up asking for Administrator details.
- Enter your Admin User Name and Password, then click on OK/Allow button.
- Your WiFi Password will be displayed on your MacBook System Screen.
Note: In case the above command doesn’t work, you should check that you have entered exactly the same command as mentioned above. You can also copy the command and paste in Terminal App on your MacBook. You must have Administration User Name and Password to get your WiFi Password on Mac.
03. Find WiFi Password on Mac using Third Party App/Software
You can also use a Third Party App or Software to find WiFi Password on your MacBook. The Third Party Software for Mac is an Application that is not developed by Official Apple Inc. Developers. But these Apps/Software are developed by Some Experts and are useful to find your WiFi Password on Mac in an easiest way. All you need to do is download & install a third party software, give permissions and follow the instructions to find your WiFi Password on MacBook. Here we provide most popular Apps/Software for finding WiFi Password on Mac as under:
- Disk Drill for Mac – Click Here to Download
- Dashlane for Mac – Click Here to Download
- 1Password App – Click Here to Download
- RememBear Software – Click Here to Download
- LastPass App – Click Here to Download
All the information given above about How to Find WiFi Password on Mac is true and fair. In case you have more questions on Finding WiFi Password and the Methods to find WiFi Password on Mac then you should contact a Professional Mac OS Expert at 1-800-MY-APPLE (800-692-7753) or log on to Apple Website at support.apple.com.