VLC Media Player 2020 Free Download For Windows, Mac, Android & iOS - The VLC media player is that the most stable, versatile and lightweight audio and video player these days, particularly in comparison to others which will play uncommon formats once downloading a codec, or just refuse to play one thing. Games Free Download For Mac Full Version Powerpoint 2011 For Mac Compatibility With Windows Download VLC Media Player Latest Version – Nowadays, there is a wide-ranging of music, audio, and video formats like MP3, MP4, MPEG, AVI, and so on. VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, etc) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network. Vlc Media Player for Mac Beta Latest Full Version Free Download. Cons Propelled data: This application can do an extensive measure more than basically play media, however to become acquainted with of those more pushed highlights, you need to Free Download Vlc Media Player for Mac Filehippo have some specific learning. Though there are serious.
The most popular cross-platform multimedia player used by almost everyone. When boredom strikes, all we need is a media player to stream our multimedia whenever and wherever we want. VLC media player eases the work for us. It provides us with advanced features to enhance our experience with the multimedia files. Most of us have come across this media player at least once while playing our media files on computers or smartphones.
If you have absolutely no idea about what VLC media player is and how it should be used, you are in the right place! Let us know more about the VLC media player.
What is a VLC media player?
As the name suggests, the VLC media player is an open-source media player to stream different types of media files such as audio and video. The VLC media player is available for both computers and mobile platforms such as android, windows, iOS, and many more.
The VLC media player also supports compression methods for audio and video. We all need a reliable app or software to play our multimedia files, and the VLC media player is the best choice among all. The VLC player can stream media files over computer networks and can also compress them.
Advantages of VLC Media Player:
The VLC media player has many advantages. Some of them are listed below:
- Formats: The VLC player supports a wide range of file formats, which makes it more useful.
- Portability: When a DVD manufactured in another region is played on a media player in a different area, the format is not supported by the media players. Illegal DVD spoofing programs are required to play a DVD from other regions. However, VLC media player can even play DVD manufactured in different areas. If you are traveling to another country, you don’t need to install another player to play your media if you have the VLC media player.
- AirTunes: For Apple users, the AirTunes streaming feature allows the playing of media files on your home speakers.
- Effortless use: The VLC media player is light in size and is effortless to use along with the other apps. While playing the VLC media player on Windows or Mac, you will experience smooth multitasking.
- Convert: The most important feature that the VLC media player has is its ability to convert any file to a supported format. Mobile phones don’t support PDF file format of multimedia, using VLC media player, you can convert the PDF files into mp3 or mp4. MP3 and MP4 also occupy less space than PDF files.
- Screenshots: Another cool feature of the VLC player is, you can take screenshots while playing your media files.
- Record Videos: You can even record video while playing media files on your device. You can click on View>Advacned Control to get to the hidden Record button. Click on the button and stop it by clicking it again when you are finished with the recording.
- Subtitles: While playing a movie, you don’t always have the option of playing subtitles along with it. The VLC media player supports subtitles in your movies. You can download subtitle files from any website available online. Rename the subtitle file such that it matches that of the movie name. Play the file and right-click on the screen, go to subtitles and Bingo! Your subtitles get enabled.
- RAR files: You can play videos that are zipped inside a RAR file.
- Easy to use: The interface of the VLC player is user-friendly and easy to understand.
- Online Radio: You have numerous shortcuts to radio stations in the VLC media player. You can browse any radio station of your choice and enjoy the music.
- Drag and Drop: You can just drag a file and drop onto the icon of the VLC media player to play it. This feature is easy to use and is less time-consuming.
The VLC media player software is available freely for Mac systems. Let us know more about the VLC media player on Mac.
Suggested App – MX player Download
Requirements to Download VLC Media Player For MAC:
The versions Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later support VLC media player. The player runs on any 64 bit Intel-based Mac.
Steps to Download VLC Media Player For MAC:
With so many advantages of the VLC media player, let us know some steps of how we can download and install it on our devices.
Step 1: Download the VLC media player online for Mac OS X version from any third-party website.
Step 2: After you finish downloading the VLC media player, locate the downloaded file on your device.
Step 3: Open the file, and after some verification of contents, it gets open.
Step 4: Click and drag the icon of the VLC player onto the applications folder and release it.
Step 5: The VLC media player will get copied to your application folder.
Step 6: Double click on the orange-colored cone-like icon of the VLC player to open it.
Step 7: Grant the required permissions if your Mac asks for it.
Step 8: After the procedure, the VLC media player will get launched.
Step 9: Stream and use the media player with all ease.
The best thing about VLC media player is that it is absolutely free and can be used by anyone. Whenever you get stuck about the downloading or installation procedure of the VLC media player, you can refer to the information given above to get a clear idea.
Must Read: Apple Music Free Trial
Sometimes, you may need VLC alternatives because of the annoying 'Rebuilding Font Cache' thing or others. This post lists different VLC alternatives for Windows/Mac. Choose the best VLC alternative 2019 depends on your actual situation.
Quick Navigation :
Have you ever used VLC media player? This post is going to show you some excellent VLC alternatives for Windows/Linux/Mac. You can find a suitable VLC alternative 2019 to play video and audio files.
VLC is a free, open-source, portable, and cross-platform media player and streaming media server developed by the VideoLAN project. It is able to play incomplete, unfinished or damaged video, but it will drive you crazy sometimes.
For example, here is a true story.
I have been using VLC media player for a while and was pleased with it. Then I get a notice about an update, which I did. Now all I get is green lines over the movie. I have tried everything to solve the problem, installing the backup, uninstall and install, with no success. Everything worked great until this update. Does anybody have a solution to this? It is driving me crazy. Please help. Thank you.
In general, a VLC alternative can solve this problem easily. The below are some common problems you might encounter when using the VLC media player.
4 Reasons Why You Need a VLC Alternative
1. VLC is unable to play broken files.
Generally, VLC media player can play unfinished or damaged video. But, sometimes, it cannot play video file and tells you that the file is damaged. Actually, this file is just being downloaded.
2. VLC doesn’t support a few codes and file types.
VLC supports a lot of video and audio codes and formats, but it requires codec settings for a few formats. For many common people, it is a difficult job.
3. VLC crashes without warning.
Sometimes, VLC media player suddenly crashes when you watch some normal files, try to insert subtitle or make it full screen.
4. VLC media player will damage the speakers!
If you are using VLC media player and keep the volume loud for a long time, your speakers could be damaged. Sadly, some manufacturers like Dell say replacing the speakers will not be covered by the hardware warranty. Therefore, please keep the volume down while using VLC.
Now, it is time to look for VLC alternatives to play your video or audio files. No matter you have come across these problems or not, it is a good idea to prepare a suitable alternative to VLC.
You will find many people are searching for VLC alternatives on the Internet. Here, we list different alternatives to VLC media player for Windows/Mac/Linux. Read on and find out which one suits you best.
Part 1. VLC Alternatives 2019 for Windows
VLC is a free video editing software, you might need to look for a VLC alternative because of the unfriendly UI, “Rebuilding Font Cache” thing and other problems. Now, try the following alternatives to VLC media player for Windows.
No 1. Windows Movie Maker
There is no doubt that many people have probably heard of Windows Movie Maker, a video editing tool developed by Microsoft. It not only allows you to watch video, but also lets you edit this video simply, for instance, add text to video.
Related article: How to Add Text to Video in Windows Movie Maker (Step-by-Step Guide).
Now, some users might want to know where to get this tool since it was officially discontinued on January 10, 2017. Fortunately, you can get this Microsoft video editing tool by clicking the following button.
- It supports playing videos as well as pictures.
- It can edit your videos simply.
- It is able to share your videos on YouTube, Facebook, etc.
Related article: How to Use Movie Maker Step-by-step Guide for Beginners.
- Microsoft does not support it now.
- It cannot play music alone.
No 2. 5KPlayer
5KPlayer is a mixture of free (MKV) HD video player and music player. This real media player is compatible with Windows as well as Mac OS X. If your VLC crashes suddenly, you can try this alternative.
- It supports a lot of video formats, including MKV, M2TS, MPEG1/2, WMV/ASF, AVI, MOV, RM, OGV, FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WEBM.
- It can play 4K UHD videos without any glitches.
- It is able to play 1080p or 1080i high-definition videos under 10% CPU cost.
- It can play MP3 AAC APE FLAC music perfectly to activate your senses.
- It can download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
This alternative to VLC media player for Windows might be confusing for beginners.
No 3. Windows Media Player
Windows media player is another VLC alternative. It allows you to play video and audio files. Besides, it allows previewing images on personal computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system, as well as on Pocket PC and Windows Mobile-based devices.
- It provides a less cluttered user interface.
- It offers a better music library.
- It supports network sharing.
- It can access to online music services.
- It cannot handle 4K, 3D and 360-degree video.
- It doesn’t support for VR headsets.
No 4. Photos App
If you are running Windows 10, you have another great VLC alternative 2019 – Photo app. This Windows 10 hidden media player not only can play video but also can play images. Besides, it can help to trim video.
Related Article: How to Cut Video Easily and Quickly (The Definitive Guide).
Vlc Media Player Mac
- It can play videos quickly.
- It has a simple, touch-friendly interface.
- It also supports browsing photo, and is able to create albums automatically.
- It has cool video editing effects.
- It cannot tag faces.
- It doesn’t support panorama stitching and selective focus.
No 5. KMPlayer
KM player can play video as well as audio in Windows. This alternative to VLC supports almost any format that Windows can play including AVI, ASF, WMV, AVS, FLV, MKV, and many more. With the VLC alternative, you can slow down or increase playback speed, select parts of a video as favorites.
- It supports many audio and video formats.
- It supports 3D and VR and setting related to that.
- It has extensive subtitle management.
- It can capture audio and video.
Advertisement (There are no hidden or misleading clauses while installing, but we will be asked whether we want to install Avast Antivirus after installing.)
After learning these different VLC alternatives for Windows, you can take a look of the below wonderful video tool.
No 6. MiniTool Movie Maker
MiniTool Movie Maker, free and simple video tool, lets you review videos, and pictures. Geforce 9500 gt for mac. Besides, it also lets you create videos and slideshow easily and quickly. For instance, I usually use this simple and free tool to create Facebook Slideshow.
- It supports a lot of video format including WMV, MP4, AVI, MOV, F4V, MKV, GIF, MP3, and so on.
- It offers wizard-like interfaces. This tool can help you create a movie without requiring professional knowledge and skill.
- It offers movie as well as trailer templates. You are able to easily create cool movies or Hollywood-style movie trailers.
- It allows you to make video with pictures easily and quickly.
- It offers some filters to help you change the color, style, or tone in minutes.
- It offers plenty of useful transition effects to make the presentation, slideshow or movie good looking and impressive.
- It not only can split large video into small parts but also can trim video to remove the unwanted frames from the start or end of a clip. More details can be found in How to Trim Video Easily (Step-by-Step Guide with Pictures).
It only supports Windows OSs, now.
Part 2. VLC Alternative Mac
Mac users can try the following alternatives when the VLC media player isn’t working.
No 1. QuickTime Player
QuickTime player, the best VLC alternative Mac, is the most familiar media players for Mac users. As the default movie player as Mac, QuickTime player is capable of supporting various formats of videos, music, images, and other media files.
Free Download Vlc For Mac
- QuickTime player enables you to set playback from 1/2x to 3x the normal speed.
- This alternative to VLC is capable of watching videos from hard drive and internet.
- This VLC alternative Mac allows you to screen recording your Mac, edit movies and extract audio from a video. However, you need to purchase the QuickTime Pro license key to unlock the recording, editing and extracting features.
No 2. MPlayerX Media Player
MPlayerX, a free and open source media player, is another VLC alternative.
- It can handle any media format in the world without extra plug-ins or codec packages as it is armed by FFmpeg and MPlayer.
- It provides you the easiest way to control the playback as it will follow your gestures.
- It can automatically and seamlessly detect and convert the encoding method of the subtitle file.
No 3. Movist
Movist, a free, simple yet powerful player for Mac, supports QuickTime, FFmpeg as well as subtitles.
- It is easy to use.
- It owns a beautiful and convenient user interface.
- It is available to adjust aspect ratios and configure keyboard shortcuts.
Unfortunately, this VLC alternative Mac doesn't support Apple remote.
Part 3. VLC Alternative Linux
Let’s start with a true example from my best friend.
I've used VLC in Linux for years. But lately, it's been choking and dying for no discernible reasons and attempts to troubleshoot have failed. Are there any other comparable alternatives for media players out there at the moment?
Now, my friend can try the following VLC alternative Linux.
No 1. Bomi Player
The best VLC alternative Linux, Bomi player (known as CM Player), works well on Linux and provides GUI features.
- This easy-to-use VLC alternative Linux provides some powerful features which you will find in the context menu.
- It supports audio file and subtitle at all.
- It allows browsing your old playlist because it generally saves all your playback record.
No 2. SMPlayer
SMPlayer supports for all the default formats as like as other media players.
- This VLC alternative Linux allows you to play YouTube video directly from this player because of its built-in codec.
- This VLC alternative 2019 loads the subtitle of a movie from the internet. And, it saves your all settings when you play video.
- This alternative to VLC is fully resume supported video player.
The above video editing tools are good alternatives to VLC media player. You can choose a suitable one to play your videos.
Which VLC alternatives do you like to choose? Let us know by leaving comments.
Should you have any other good suggestions about VLC alternatives, please share them with us. Thanks in advance!
VLC Alternatives FAQ
- Media Player Classic – Home Cinema
- ACG Player
- GOM Media Player
- DivX Player
- VLC Player
- Media Player Classic – Home Cinema