Today we mark the end of support for Office 2010 and Office 2016 for Mac. This means that we’ll no longer provide technical support, bug fixes, or security updates for these products, and organizations that continue to use them may face increased security risks and compliance issues over time. The requirements for connecting to Office 365 services have also changed—and customers will now need Microsoft 365 Apps, Office 2019, or Office 2016 to connect to Office 365 services like Exchange Online and SharePoint Online. While we will not take any active measures to block legacy versions of the Office client from connecting, these older clients will fall out of step with the service enhancements and may present performance and/or reliability issues over time.
Microsoft Office for Mac 2019 includes the most modern versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and OneNote. These apps are all available for download at the Mac App Store. Alternatively, with Office 365 for Mac, you can work online or offline and collaborate with others in real time, which is especially useful for any kind of team work. SoftMaker Office 2021 PRO - create word documents, spreadsheets and presentations - software for Windows 10 / 8 / 7 and MAC - compatible with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint - for 5 PCs.
As we first announced back in April 2017, this decision aligns with our broader commitment to providing tools and experiences designed for a new world of work. If this year has taught us anything, it’s that we need to help our customers stay agile and connected despite constant change. And that means delivering cloud-connected and always up-to-date versions of our most valuable apps to every person and every organization on the planet. With Microsoft 365 Apps, we do that in three big ways. First, the cloud enables real-time collaboration across apps and within Microsoft Teams, the hub for teamwork. Second, AI and machine learning advance creativity and innovation in everything from PowerPoint design to Excel analysis. And finally, built-in, cloud-powered security protects your data and provides the peace of mind that comes with knowing your business will not only be productive, but also secured.
We understand that everyone is at a different stage of their journey to the cloud, and we’re committed to supporting our customers throughout their transition to Microsoft 365 Apps. For those customers who aren’t ready for the cloud and have a specific need for on-premises or hybrid deployment, such as fully disconnected or restricted environments, we offer Office 2019, the perpetual version of Office that does not receive feature updates. But for everyone else, we’ve created a set of resources to help you transition to the Microsoft 365 Apps and innovations designed to help keep your environment up to date once you’ve made the transition.
Resources for transitioning to Microsoft 365 Apps
Transitioning to the always up-to-date Microsoft 365 Apps has never been easier. Here’s a list of resources available to help.
- The Office 2010 end of support roadmap is a great place to start your migration, walking you through the steps you’ll need to take and the resources available at each stage.
- The Deployment Guide for Microsoft 365 Apps provides the most up-to-date deployment and servicing guidance, including guidance on how to use the Readiness Toolkit to help you identify compatibility issues with Office add-ins and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros.
- For customers using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, the Microsoft 365 Apps upgrade readiness dashboard shows which devices in the environment are ready to upgrade to Microsoft 365 Apps, including add-in and macro compatibility.
- Research from more than 500 organizations demonstrates that customers who have taken the journey to Microsoft 365 are seeing productivity, security, and management benefits from the integrated solution. Download this eBook to learn more about their experiences, and the business impact they’ve seen to date.
- Microsoft FastTrack experts and the App Assure program are available for customers who need added assistance and can work with you to roll out Microsoft 365 Apps to your entire organization.
Newest Version Of Microsoft Office For Mac
New resources to help keep your environment up to date
We also recently announced a host of innovations geared toward empowering people, teams, and organizations to thrive in the new world of work. Rolling out in the coming months, two of these—Office Inventory and Servicing Profile—will be especially helpful in keeping your environments up to date once you’ve transitioned to Microsoft 365 Apps.
- Office Inventory allows you to drill into detailed views of devices running Office apps in your environment. Use it to understand which Office client versions and Office add-ins are running as well as which servicing channel each device belongs to. Customers who are still transitioning to Microsoft 365 Apps can use this tool to understand where to target their efforts as they go.
- The new Servicing Profile feature helps streamline and automate Microsoft 365 Apps servicing, reducing the burden of manual deployments and accelerating the rollout of the latest productivity features and security patches without adding extra effort and costs. You can learn more about Office Inventory, Servicing Profile, and more new admin capabilities on the Office 365 Blog or by watching this session from Microsoft Ignite.
All of our customers are working hard to help their people stay productive, connected, and secure at a time of rapidly accelerated digital transformation. Microsoft 365—which includes Teams and Microsoft 365 Apps, along with tools like OneDrive for Business and built-in management, security and compliance—helps ensure your people can do their best work while also remaining secure. And we are committed to investing in Microsoft 365 for the long haul, delivering ever-improving experiences that empower individuals, teams, and organizations to achieve more today and in the days to come.
Employees love the freedom of choice. That starts with flexible working hours and goes to choosing your own work tools. And this freedom of choice also includes being able to choose between Windows and Mac®. In a recent survey of employees, 94% of Mac users agreed that being able to choose their office computer was a big plus for an employer. As much as 79% stated that they would be less productive without their Mac—which is to say, with a different operating system (OS).
Microsoft Office For Mac
However, ifusers are allowed to choose their OS, this presents challenges for the organization’sIT department. They are forced to support and maintain multiple types ofsystems. Users, in contrast, are only interested in getting their work done as quicklyand efficiently as possible. Part of the IT team’s job is to enable them to do this.
Microsoft Office Software For Mac
MicrosoftOffice for Mac: as complete as it is for Windows
Not every software product is available for every operating system—or at least, not with all the same features. Recently, Cancom pictured a prominent example of this. Arguably, Microsoft Office is the world’s most important office application software. One of every two organizations uses the cloud subscription version, Office 365. But the Mac and Windows versions are not identical. For example, the macOS® version lacks both the database software Access and Microsoft Publisher. And there is a long list of other, comparable examples. As a rule, tools for industry-sector specific purposes are only available for Windows.
Iexplorer for mac keygen download. But there is a solution to this problem: Parallels Desktop® for Mac Business Edition. This brings the best of both worlds to both IT departments and end-users. It allows employees to choose their operating system, providing a high level of employee satisfaction and productivity—and complete software compatibility all at the same time.
Parallels Desktop Business Edition helps execute mission-critical applications without restrictions. Mac users have full access to programs such as Microsoft Office for Windows, Visual Studio, Quicken, and QuickBooks for Windows, Internet Explorer, SAP products and other ERP solutions, Autodesk products and much more—without needing to leave the familiar macOS environment.
Learn more about Parallels Desktop Business Edition and download a free trial.