I purchased Western Digital My Passport 1 TB Portable Hard Drive for Mac, Silver by Western Digital. During the 1st use which can take hrs if you computer’s disc is full (mine took 3-6 hrs), “My Passport for Mac” backs up EVERYTHING on your computer. To check, go to Finder, Click on the icon of a hard drive saying “My Passport for Mac”. It is easy use your WD My Passport for Mac and Windows in 7 steps. You’ll find other documents on the site all about your WD My Passport portable external hard drive. Why not take a look: Format WD My Passport for Mac, 10 Quick Steps. How to Use WD My Passport for Mac 5 Ways No Anger. Partition WD My Passport For Mac, Teach Yourself in 10 Steps.
Download quicktime x for mac. Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu; Apple; Shopping Bag +. Users may want to change preferences in their Quicktime player without having to do it every time the program opens. Quicktime X Preferences for Mac's options window allows changes to a number of. The new version of QuickTime included with Snow Leopard (called QuickTime Player X) is almost a complete overhaul of the previous version, from the look and feel of the application windows right.
- My Passport For Mac Not Showing Up
- My Passport For Mac Troubleshooting
- My Passport For Mac Instructions
- First, turn on the computer and connect the WD My Passport drive to the computer.
- Now, check whether the drive is displayed in the computer’s file management utility list.
- If any new hardware is found, click the Cancel button to close it.
- Now, the Western Digital software will install the correct driver for your drive.
- Next, double-click the Western Digital application setup file that is displayed in the computer’s file management utility to view the Western Digital application Setup Wizard.
- Click the Next option to view the Installation Type.
- Now, on the Installation Type dialog box, choose the option that you want to make use for the installation.
- The Recommended Install will install all the Western Digital software while the Custom install can install only the Western Digital software that you choose.
- Read the Western Digital End User License Agreement by clicking the link.
- Tick the I Agree box to agree and then click the Next button.
- A dialog box will be displayed depending on the installation type that you have chosen.
Note that none of your questions have any thing to do with iPhoto - for specific answer on how to use yoru MyPassport disk you need to contact their suppor tor support forums
By default the iPhoto library is stored in your Pictures folder (not in a my Pictures folder - not sure where you got that) - if you do not have a Pictures folder then you have deleted it - it is there by default on all new Macs
In general for a drive to be used as storage for your iPhoto library it must be formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) - you can check this by selecting the drive in the finder and getting info - it is is not formatted mac OS extended (journaled) you can reformat it using the MyPassport software or disk utility in your applications folder (note that this erases everything on the disk)
Once you have an extrenal drive that is formatted Mac OS extended (journaled)
Moving the iPhoto library is safe and simple - quit iPhoto and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity to the external drive - depress the option key and launch iPhoto using the 'select library' option to point to the new location on the external drive - fully test it and then trash the old library on the internal drive (test one more time prior to emptying the trash)
And be sure that the External drive is formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) (iPhoto does not work with drives with other formats) and that it is always available prior to launching iPhoto
And backup soon and often - having your iPhoto library on an external drive is not a backup and if you are using Time Machine you need to check and be sure that TM is backing up your external drive
For iMovie support it is best to post in the iMovie forum
My Passport For Mac Not Showing Up
My Passport For Mac Troubleshooting
My Passport For Mac Instructions
Oct 6, 2013 8:37 PM