Devices and Mac OS X version
VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported. Please use version 2.0.10 linked below.
Why is it needed? Since Apple has changed the policy for applications, you need an official mediator program to install the extension not from the AppStore. Download Videos: Automatically detect online videos and enable a Download button allowing you to download video from your browser like Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE in 1 click. Batch Download: Add multiple videos to the download queue and process download simultaneously. Download Safari for Mac free. Safari offers you a superior Web experience with outstanding performance. If you deleted Safari and don't have a Time Machine backup or other backup, reinstall macOS to put Safari back in your Applications folder. Reinstalling macOS doesn't remove data from your computer. Before reinstalling, you might want to use Spotlight to search for Safari on your Mac. If you find it, but it's no longer in your Dock, just drag.
Web browser plugin for Mac OS X
Support for NPAPI plugins was removed from all modern web browsers, so VLC's plugin is no longer maintained. The last version is 3.0.4 and can be found here. It will not receive any further updates.
Older versions of Mac OS X and VLC media player
We provide older releases for users who wish to deploy our software on legacy releases of Mac OS X. You can find recommendations for the respective operating system version below. Note that support ended for all releases listed below and hence they won't receive any further updates.
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Use VLC 2.2.8. Arma 3 for mac torrent. Get it here.
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Use VLC 2.0.10. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required
Use VLC 0.9.10. Get it for PowerPC or Intel.
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required
Use VLC 0.8.6i. Get it for PowerPC.
Safari Download Youtube Video
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Use VLC 0.8.4a. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah and 10.1 Puma
Use VLC 0.7.0. Get it for PowerPC.
Smart Download then Convert Mode +
- Activate the 'Download then Convert Mode' to download HD videos from YouTube or other sites to your preferred format directly.
Fully Support More than 150 Video & Audio Formats +
- Video Formats: MOV(QuickTime), MP4, WMV, AVI(XviD), MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, MKV, etc.
- Audio Formats: MP3, M4A, WAV, MKA, etc.
Convert to Apple & Android Devices/Software +
Download Newest Safari For Mac
- Apple Devices: iPad Pro, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5, iPod classic, iPod nano, Apple TV, Apple TV2, etc.
- Apple Software: iDVD, iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
- Android Devices: Android phones and Android tablets (7 inch, 8 inch and 10 inch).
Convert to Game Console and Web Video +
- Game Console: PSP, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360.
- Web Video: YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, WebM, SWF, F4V and FLV.
Convert and Export Videos to iTunes Library +
Safari 10 Download For Mac
- Directly export the downloaded videos to your iTunes library. So you can sync the downloaded videos to your iPhone, iPad or iPod.