Tilde: Option + N + Letter; Umlaut: Option + U + Letter; To use one of the above, hold down the keys shown, release, and then type your letter. For example, to add the acute accent to the letter O, hold down Option + E, release those keys, then type the letter O. Foreign characters: French C Cedille: Shift + Option + C (uppercase), Option + C.
- Simple keyboard shortcut to make lowercase o with tilde in Mac Os is 'option+n o' Press and hold the 'option+n o' keys on the Mac Os Keyboard. This is the simple page to learn how to type / make lowercase o with tilde on your Mac Os keyboard.
- Show activity on this post. On a French or German Mac keyboard, type ⌥ + N to write the character. Show activity on this post. On a Finnish Mac keyboard layout (probably applies to some other international keyboard layouts as well) the tilde can be produced with the key with the symbols ^¨.
- As many characters are typed using Alt on a german Mac keyboard (tilde, brackets, curly braces etc.), I'd recommend setting ns-right-alternate-modifier to nil, which enables typing tilde (Alt-n) and other characters using the right Alt key, while the left one can be used as Meta (like for M-x). Alternatively Cmd can be customized to be Meta.
Hi, I am working with Git and to run few commands I need tilde . But unfortunately I notice I can't find Tilde any where on my Norwegian key board for MacBook Air.
Shally,On the Apple Norwegian layout, tilde should be at Option plus ¨, then Space.
are you using the extended or the normal keyboard? If you use the extended keyboard try holding OPTION and K and then a space. If you're using the normal one try holding OPTION and ¨. I hope that helps.
I have a MacBook pro and tilde is alt N combination
I wish you a ~ day :)
Thanks to this, you can represent virtually any objects or plants for your landscape. Another feature worth mentioning is the Vegetable Patch Builder that uses a simple grid to easily create a layout of planting beds for your vegetables and herbs.When done, you can print the plan, including a list of all the objects used in your garden. Also, Garden Planner has a new feature where you can stroll around your garden in 3D. With this tool, you can create the garden layout you want in minutes.The app’s most recent version now includes the capability to view plans in 3D as well, instead of just an overhead 2D view. Landscaping design for mac. It also uses a coded system that can match the items in the list with the objects shown on the plan.
Sorry for late reply. Thank you all for all the suggestions.
I found the solution. It is alt^ combination.
Wish u all happy ~ day :)
Alt + ^ works for me as well, except in the treehouse console it does nothing. (Macbook pro, finnish keyboard)
Has anyone had the same issue and did you find a solution for it?
Posting to the forum is only allowed for members with active accounts.
Please sign in or sign up to post.
N Tilde Alt Code- ñ - on your Mac, simply follow these steps:
(1) Press option + n on your keyboard, then release. You should see the tilde (the little squiggly line).
(2) Then press n(or shift + n for the uppercase version).
What other characters can I put a tilde on?
You can also put a tilde on the letter A and the letter O:
• option + n, a = ã
• option + n, o = õ
If you want to type the n with a tilde on an iPhone or iPad:
1. Touch and hold the N key until the pop-up menu comes out
2. Slide your finger to the ñ key and release
Get More Out of Your Mac
Take a training course today!
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential TrainingiMovie '11 Essential TrainingCreating a Vacation Video with iMovie