Mac.MajorGeeks.com » Top Mac Downloads Top Downloads Show: This Week Last Week 1. Disk Drill- Downloaded: 508. Disk Drill is a data recovery software for Mac. The hottest downloads on Apple.com. Browse and download thousands of apps for your Mac — from your Mac. Shop for apps by category, read user reviews, and buy apps in one simple step. Browse and download over 100 of the best PC and Mac programs. Award-winning video, audio, business, utility, or graphics software. Download Free for PC and Mac.
- Downloads For Mac
- Top Eleven Download For Mac
- Windows For Mac Free Download
- download free, software For Mac
While your browser’s download manager is good enough in most cases but sometimes you need a little more control. For instance – speed up downloads by breaking files into multiple blocks, pause and resume download whenever you want or bandwidth throttling.
Download Slack for free for mobile devices and desktop. Keep up with the conversation with our apps for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and Linux.
IDM is hands down the best download managers on Windows, but if you are looking for IDM alternative for Mac; well, we got you covered. After trying out more than a few programs, analyzing other reviews and following recommendations, we’ve come down to some of the best download managers for Mac. As always, we have tried to keep the diversity.
Best Download Managers for Mac
iGetter is one of the most popular download managers for Mac. It’s completely free and integrates in an easy manner with your device. The User Interface of iGetter isn’t the most modern, but it can do the job very well. When compared to the other free download managers for Mac, iGetter offers more features and better compatibility, which is great.
One of the best features about iGetter is the level of customization. From download speed to segment size and from the number of multiple downloads to connection timeout, you can customize almost everything using iGetter preferences. Site Explorer and Download Scheduler are some of the best picks in the feature list.
Pros: Fully-functioning free version, easy integration, Site Explorer and additional features
Cons: Not a very intuitive UI
Supported Browser: Chrome and Safari.
Verdict: For a free download manager for Mac, iGetter is pretty great. You have all the necessary features, in addition to accelerated downloading and scheduling. Thanks to browser and macOS integration, you will find it easy to get used to it. Although not the newest, the UI is also great to start with. iGetter also packs a few out-of-the-box features like File-Avenue support and Site Manager.
Check out iGetter (Free)
2 Download Shuttle
If minimal UI is your thing, Download Shuttle is a must-check-out free download manager for Mac. It packs a lot of features despite the simple UI, though. This minimal-footprint software supports multi-segmented download support, up to 6 segments at a time. The best part is that you can decide the maximum number of segments when you add a download.
According to our experience, segmentation and download acceleration by Download Shuttle are effective in every sense. Not only that, you get options for download scheduling and auto-resume. Last but not the least, the UI is just awesome and you wouldn’t need days to get used to it.
Pros: Free and intuitive UI, Up to 6 Concurrent Connections
Cons: Advanced features like YouTube Download and Bulk Download are missing
Supported Browser: Chrome and Safari.
Verdict: Download Shuttle is not the most feature-rich download manager for Mac. Nevertheless, it manages to pack a lot of features inside a simple, intuitive User Interface. With support for more than 6 segments at a time, the download speeds are also drastically improved. When we count in the support for web browser integration, Download Shuttle becomes the perfect choice for minimalists.
Check Out Download Shuttle (Free)
3 Maxel Downloader for Mac
Maxel is yet another minimal-looking download manager that packs a lot of features. Most importantly, the software can enhance the total download speeds with up to 100 segments. You can really unleash the overall power of your internet connection. Despite the performance, Maxel consumes lower amount of resources as well.
There are some never-seen-before features as well. Apart from browser integration, Maxel brings a built-in browser. You can use this browser to download authenticated files. What I loved most about Maxel for Mac is that it behaves like a native app. Just as you open the package, it would start working. For those who are doubtful, there is a Maxel demo version you can download for free.
Pros: Intuitive UI, lower resource consumption and up to 100 segments
Cons: Navigation isn’t that great.
Supported Browser: Safari, Chrome and Firefox
Verdict: We believe that Maxel Downloader for Mac is a combination of minimalistic UI and best-in-the-class performance. Not only can you enjoy maximum speed — thanks to up to 100-segments support —, but also the native design reduces system resource consumption. Altogether, this is a download manager that we’d recommend buying.
Check Out Maxel ($9.99, Free demo available)
4 Progressive Downloader
Progressive Downloader is a really feature-rich download management client for Mac. Regardless what type of file you are downloading; Progressive Downloader has got your back. Right after you install and start the program, you can know how advanced it is. When you have multiple downloads to manage, the big-enough UI is going to be quite helpful.
Coming to the features, Progressive Downloader doesn’t disappoint. Standard features like integration with browsers and automated server search are included in the package. It also has an excellent clipboard-based download triggering. Last but not least, you can use the program for managing content over FTP as well. The feature list is so big and convincing, especially for professionals.
Pros: A fully-fledged yet simple interface, easy integration, automatic server search
Cons: Not much of speed acceleration
Contacts for mac. Supported Browser: Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera
Verdict: Progressive Downloader is an amazing choice if you prefer free download managers. It is quite an advanced piece of software that can help you tackle tens or hundreds of downloads. Although it doesn’t get you any promises regarding speed acceleration, the overall speeds offered by Progressive Downloader are surely impressive
Check Out Progressive Downloader (Free)
Leech may look like a no-brainer, but it has a lot of features under the hood. Despite being premium, it has been one of the most popular downloaders for Mac. The reason is simple: it can manage lots of downloads without compromising speed or performance. Although the maximum number of concurrent connections is 5, the overall speed boost of Leech is impressive enough.
Coming to the features, Leech meets the standard expectations. You can simply drag and drop any link for starting downloads, schedule downloads and manage multiple URLs at once. Bandwidth control and Safari integration make Leech easier to use. Last but not least, Leech offers enough room for customization, under the Preferences section.
Pros: Ultimately simple UI, bulk downloads, better speeds
Cons: Almost nothing
Supported Browser: Safari
Verdict: As the official website says, Leech is indeed a lightweight yet powerful download manager for Mac. You can start using the program as you wish and the performance is top-notch. All the features work quite seamlessly, from speed control to multiple connection management. Altogether, if you are looking for a Mac download manager without bells and whistles, Leech is a go-to choice.
Check Out Leech ($6, Free Trial available)
6 Free Download Manager
In case you did not know, Free Download Manager is a popular download manager for Windows PCs as well. Fortunately, the Mac version also is up to the expectations. Apart from all the standard features we’ve seen above, Free Download Manager offers torrent download support. So, you don’t have to find another piece of software to download torrent content — just drag and drop ’em.
One might say that Free Download Manager doesn’t have a Mac-friendly UI, but you can get used to it in no time. Inside this seemingly-simple software, the developers have included many features like speed control, browser integration and network customizations. You can also set up some notifications and triggers, which make the downloading process simple.
Pros: Free and supports torrents, A convenient interface, download categorization
Cons: Lacks a native UI
Supported Browser: Chrome, Firefox and Safari
Verdict: Unlike the other download managers we’ve covered above, Free Download Manager is completely free and effective. It has a different interface, but the number of features should compensate that. You will love Free Download Manager if you want a simple client that can manage HTTP and torrent downloads with same smoothness.
Check Out Free Download Manager (Free)
Folx is not only one of the best download managers for Mac but also my personal recommendation. Although free to use, there is a feature-rich premium version you may want to check out. You can use Folx for normal downloads as well as torrent downloads. It also is one of the minimalist uTorrent alternatives out there. But something that really matters is how smoothly Folx integrates with your Mac.
Once installed, Folx becomes an active part of your Mac. In addition, the free version enhances the download speed by splitting into 2 threads. Standard features like auto-resume, multiple downloads, a torrent client with magnet link support, are also available.
Pros: Support torrents, download YouTube videos, and automatically catch the all the downloads link in a page
Cons: Not a well-organized download list, Advanced features are Pro-only
Supported Browser: You can use browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
Verdict: If you are looking for a free download manager for Mac, Folx is a good option. It has one of the best interfaces and macOS integration we’ve seen. That having said, even if you want the additional features like 20-thread downloads, video downloads, iTunes integration, torrent-search and download scheduling, paid version of Folx seems reasonable too.
Check Out Folx (Free, Pro version available for $19.95)
Wrapping Up: Best Download Managers for Mac
Out of 20+ download managers we’ve tested, these 7 are the ones we loved! As said, you have multiple sets of choices here. If you need a jack-in-all-trades download manager with torrent support, you can go for Folx or Free Download Manager. On the other hand, if you prefer simple programs, Leech and Download Shuttle seem to be good options. Also, if you want some advanced features inside a simple UI, Maxel would be our great recommendation.
Before you make the selection, go through all the capabilities. For instance, if you’re planning to manage a lot of downloads with maximum connections, you need something powerful. We hope this guide helps you choose one of the best download manager apps for Mac.
Read: Best Download Manager for Android
Whenever something pops into your mind, you open your browser to do research on it. The browser is an old fashion way of searching for things on the internet, whether you want to buy an accessory or search for a home remedy for common ailments.
Mac has Safari as an inbuilt browser which is an efficient and fast browser. But it is not a bad idea to keep an alternative in case the native application crashes.
So, in this article, we have discussed some of the best browsers for Mac in 2020 if you‘re looking for a suitable alternative.
List of Contents
11 Fastest Internet Browser For Mac
To provide you fastest browsing experience, Here is the list of 11 best web browsers for MacOS:
1. Brave Browser:
A new and emerging browser for Mac, Brave is secure, private and fast. Brave is open source and focuses on your privacy. Brave is a lightweight Mac browser.
Features of Brave:
- It is 8 times faster than regular browsers.
- It blocks ads, trackers, and unwanted content so you don’t have to deal with them.
- With “Private Tabs with Tor*” feature, it provides true private browsing experience along with enhanced protection
2. Opera –
An older name, Opera is one of the best browsers for Mac in 2020 as it is fast and smooth. It is famous to access faster speed with low-speed connection based on the server size compression technique.
Features of Opera:
- It allows you to easily navigate and provides you with browsing experience
- It has an inbuilt torrent download browser options.
- It is streamlined and designed for those who want a responsive browser that meets their needs.
- It has integrated phishing protection, integrated RSS feeds, and integrated email clients.
- To properly operate the browser, one needs to strictly adhere to coding.
- The extensions built into Opera are not always easy to find.
3. Google Chrome:
One of the most popular browsers, widely used on Windows, Google Chrome is a good option for a Fastest browser. It is fast, secure and free, and it runs on multiple platforms. It’s clutter free interface makes it easy to use.
Features of Google Chrome:
- It lets you search and navigate from the same box.
- It offers a wide range of easily obtained and installed extensions to customize the browser as you like.
- There’s support for parental controls and has settings to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Kills the battery (if you are running a portable Mac) and hogs the RAM.
- If you accidentally close the browser, Chrome will close all the tabs opened without warning.
Must Read: Photoshop Scratch Disk Full – Guide on How To Fix
4. Mozilla Firefox –
With inbuilt privacy, Mozilla is one of the trusted and best browsers for Mac. It has features that protect you from phishing schemes, viruses and more.
Features of Mozilla Firefox:
- Mozilla is a secure browser but with extensions like NoScript and FlashBlock available it can become the safest.
- It provides excellent network security, a user-friendly interface and many add-ons for customized browsing.
- It has an embedded memory which means that if you turn off your computer by mistake, it will remember the Internet page you had opened and offer to get them back for you.
- It has intuitive navigation.
- Sometimes, you end up getting an error while opening a website, as Mozilla is not compatible with it.
- Mozilla Firefox uses more memory than other browsers and has slow startup time.
One of the best browsers for Mac, Maxthon has a good interface on the home screen of the browser.
Features of Maxthon:
- One of the best thing about Maxthon is that it keeps the PC’s working condition optimized while working on it and doesn’t hog the system’s performance.
- It boosts up the internet connection to an extent and it tries to open the web page faster.
- Maxthon is independent of operating systems as well as the device itself as it is cloud based with all OS interlocked to each other.
- It has a good feature which doesn’t let you fill the information on websites you visited in the past when you visit it for the next time as it saves the information for you.
- It doesn’t offer a wide range of extensions.
- Maxthon lacks some of the features such as voice interaction commands and open-source development.
Camino is also a good alternative, as it is an open source web browser which focuses on offering the best web experience for the users of Mac OS X.
Downloads For Mac
Features of Camino:
- Camino Browser offers fast connection and there’s integrated flash block which helps you save the bandwidth.
- The bookmark bar allows multiple lines of bookmarks.
- It has sleek interface with simple and elegant look.
- It also offers all the functionality & style that is expected from Mac OS X programs.
- It does not have undo-close tab.
- It does not have an option to rearrange tabs as it does not allow moving of tabs
7. Omni Web
Omni Web is one of the best browsers available for Mac as it is the powerful web browser for Mac.
Features of Omni Web:
- It has numerous features like Visual Tabs, adding websites to shortcuts, automatic rendering of web pages, etc.
- You can change the font of any web page if you are not liking it.
- The browser handles the entire RSS feed which is indeed a great feature.
Top Eleven Download For Mac
- The browser is slow.
- It hogs the system resources as it uses a large amount of RAM.
- It has a simple and clutter free interface.
- Yandex has Turbo mode, which never lets the browser speed go slow. Whenever internet speeds drop, Turbo mode is enabled, which speeds up how fast pages load and save on your data charges.
- It protects your passwords and bank card details and keeps your online payments safe from theft.
An open source Chromium browser with some similarities to Opera, Vivaldi is one of the best browsers available for Mac.
Features of Vivaldi
- It has awesome tab management. They are functional, work great, can be tiled, have previews and stack well.
- It enables you to access all the goodies from the chrome store, which is not that of a surprise as it uses Chromium platform.
- It provides you with several options to customize the browser according to your preferences.
- It downloads faster even after slow internet speed.
- Just as Chrome, this browser also hogs up the system resources.
- There is no way to sync passwords, settings, bookmarks online
Must Read: How To Analyze Disk Space On Mac
Yet another browser, which is counted in the list of fastest browsers for Mac due to its super light-weightiness and it looks like Google Chrome.
Features of Stainless
- It features a dual-purpose search address bar, which makes searching and navigating very smooth.
- It has an independent tabbed browsing which means one tab won’t crash your whole browser.
- Parallel browsing mode allows multiple email clients open at once.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- It has a few configuration options
- It doesn’t have any extensions available yet
Web-browser, advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, with all these features Sea Monkey definitely deserves to be on the list of best browsers for Mac.
Features of SeaMonkey:
Windows For Mac Free Download
- The browser is fast and responsive than several among the list.
- It contains a cookie manager which lets you view & delete the cookies created when surfing.
- It has several other features, like a password manager, customizable toolbars & the ability to restore the sessions.
- It doesn’t have mouse gestures or voice interaction for multi-modal browsing
- The browser is not sleek and it can’t be used with ease.
This concludes our list of the best browsers for Mac. these browsers are lightweight and will give you the fastest browsing experience. Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
download free, software For Mac