- 1. Mac Files Tips
- 2. Mac Software
- 3. Mac Storage Tips
- 4. Mac Troubleshooting
- 5. Mac OS
Download Android USB Drivers for Windows and Mac Today in this guide we provide the direct link to Download Android USB Drivers for all the latest devices like Google Nexus, LG, HTC, Sony, OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi, Moto, etc. Mac Pro (2019) Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac mini (2018 and later). Mophie USB-C Fast Charge Cable with Lightning Connector (2 m) - Previous Gallery Image. The Mac, iPad and iPhone are great for audio, because they all support something called class-compliant USB audio. That means that a class-compliant device just works, without a driver. Read this USB drive data recovery guide for more information. Also, since I don’t know whether you are on a PC or Mac to perform this operation, I’m here to break down this guide into two parts. The first part is for Mac users, and the second part is for PC users (Windows 10 based). In no particular order. Part 1: Formatting USB Drive On Mac.
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2020-04-13 / Update for Mac OS
If you have a Mac system but want to run Windows on that system, you will need to create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac for PC. Even if the Mac system uses Mac OS, you can still run Windows on it this way. Also, if you have got a new PC this way, you can install Windows on it.
In a case wherein the hard drive on the PC has been replaced, you will have to reinstall Windows on it. These are just some reasons as to why you may have to create bootable Windows 10 USB on Mac. This article will detail five different methods to create bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac.
Part 1: Can You Create a Windows Bootable USB on Mac
Wondering about, can you create a Windows bootable USB on Mac? You can easily do this with the help of the methods listed out in this article. Follow these methods to easily make bootable USB Mac Windows 10. These methods will answer all your questions about how to make a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac.
[5 Methods] How to Create Windows 10 Bootable USB on Mac Mojave
Method 1: Make Windows Bootable USB Mac with PassFab 4WinKey
Thinking about how do I create a bootable USB drive for Mac easily? PassFab 4WinKey is an incredible tool that can be used to make Windows bootable USB on Mac. It can be used for several other purposes as well, like for removing or resetting the Windows Admin password. You can know how to create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using this tool by following the steps given below.
- After installing the program on your system, launch it, and insert a USB to it.
Click on “USB Flash Drive” from the main interface and then on “Burn”.
Once done, click on “OK” on the pop-up window.
This is how simple it is to make bootable Windows 10 USB Mac with the help of this tool.
Method 2: Use UNetbootin to Install USB Driver on Mac
Usb Driver Download For Mac
UNetbootin is a Windows 10 USB tool Mac that is completely free to use and can be used in a scenario wherein you have to make bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac system. For this, you need to keep a USB with the .iso file downloaded in it. Follow the steps below to know how you can use this program to know how to make a bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac.
- Connect the USB drive with the .iso file to your Mac system.
- From “Disk Utility,” click on your USB drive.
- Click on “Disk Image” and then on the “..” icon and select the .iso file that you have downloaded.
- Select “USB Drive” from the drop-down menu in front of “Type” and also select the name of your USB drive.
Once done, click on “OK”.
Wait for a few minutes, and the USB would be formatted to a bootable drive.
Method 3: Use Boot Camp Assistant on Mac
If you wish to know how to make a bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac using Boot Camp Assistant, read on. You will need to have a USB drive with a storage capacity of 16 GB or more for this method to work. You can use the following steps to know how to make a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using Bootcamp Assistant.
- After inserting the USB drive into your Mac system, launch “Boot Camp Assistant”.
Only check “create a Windows 7 or later version install disk” and ignore all other options and then click on “Continue”.
Download the .iso file from a trusted source, which will be detected automatically by Boot Camp Assistant and then click on “Continue”.
After Boot Camp Assistant is done, check if USB deive has been renamed WININSTALL. Tap 'Quit' to close app and then eject the USB drive.
Mac Usb Drive
After a few minutes, the process would have been completed. However, you cannot use this method if you have macOS Mojave or other later versions of macOS.
Method 4: Use Terminal to Make Bootable USB on Mac
This is the most complicated method out of all the methods described above and, therefore, must only be used as a last resort. You will need a USB drive for this method to work. Use the steps given below to create a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using Terminal.
- After connecting the USB drive to your Mac system, open Terminal.
- Key in “diskutil list” and press “Enter” key to see the list of connected drives and findyour USB drive’s name.
- Run the command “diskutil eraseDisk MS-DOS “WINDOWS10” GPT<drive name>@”.
- Download the .iso file on your Mac system.
- Key in the command “hdiutil mount ~/Downloads/WINDOWS10IMAGE.iso” to mount .iso image.
- Key in the command “cp -rp/Volumes/MOUNTED-ISO/* /Volumes/WINDOWS10/”.
- Run the command “hdiutil unmount/Volumes/MOUNTED-ISO” and then close Terminal.
Eject your USB drive, and the process would be complete.
Method 5: Use Disk Utility to Create USB on Mac
Usb Com Port Mac
Put USB drive into your Mac system and launch Disk Utility.
- On the left, right-click on the chosen USB drive and format it with MS-DOS (FAT).
Drag the .iso file to the USB drive. This step will start the writing process of the .iso file on USB.
A Bonus Tip: The Professional Way to Recover Data from Windows 10 Bootable USB
Although most of the above methods to create Windows 10 bootable USB Mac are pretty straight forward, while executing these steps, you may end up losing some important data from the Windows bootable USB. If this happens, don’t be tensed. With the help of Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius, you can recover the lost data easily. Here’s how you can do this.
Install and run this program on your system, click on “USB Flash Drive” and then on “Burn”.
This burned drive needs to be inserted in the system that won’t boot. Keep pressing the F12 key while doing so.
Run the program and from the main interface, click on “Data Recovery”.
Select the disk from which you wish to recover the data and then click on “Scan”.
Once you get the files, select them and click on “Recover”.
After this, the accidentally deleted or lost data and files will be recovered.
With the help of the above methods, you can easily create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac High Sierra. The methods involving Terminal and Disk Utility are pretty complicated, while the other methods are fairly easy and effective. If, during the process, you accidentally lose out on some files and data, you can make use of Tenorshare 4DDiG for Mac Data Recovery to recover these files easily. It is recommended that to use Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius to recover lost data on windows 10, if you need.
Vst bass for mac. These advanced steps are primarily for system administrators and others who are familiar with the command line. You don't need a bootable installer to upgrade macOS or reinstall macOS, but it can be useful when you want to install on multiple computers without downloading the installer each time.
Find the appropriate download link in the upgrade instructions for each macOS version:
macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, ormacOS High Sierra
Installers for each of these macOS versions download directly to your Applications folder as an app named Install macOS Catalina, Install macOS Mojave, or Install macOS High Sierra. If the installer opens after downloading, quit it without continuing installation. Important: To get the correct installer, download from a Mac that is using macOS Sierra 10.12.5 or later, or El Capitan 10.11.6. Enterprise administrators, please download from Apple, not a locally hosted software-update server.
OS X El Capitan
El Capitan downloads as a disk image. On a Mac that is compatible with El Capitan, open the disk image and run the installer within, named InstallMacOSX.pkg. It installs an app named Install OS X El Capitan into your Applications folder. You will create the bootable installer from this app, not from the disk image or .pkg installer.
Install Mac Os From Usb Drive
Use the 'createinstallmedia' command in Terminal
- Connect the USB flash drive or other volume that you're using for the bootable installer. Make sure that it has at least 12GB of available storage and is formatted as Mac OS Extended.
- Open Terminal, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
- Type or paste one of the following commands in Terminal. These assume that the installer is still in your Applications folder, and MyVolume is the name of the USB flash drive or other volume you're using. If it has a different name, replace
MyVolumein these commands with the name of your volume.
- Press Return after typing the command.
- When prompted, type your administrator password and press Return again. Terminal doesn't show any characters as you type your password.
- When prompted, type
Yto confirm that you want to erase the volume, then press Return. Terminal shows the progress as the bootable installer is created.
- When Terminal says that it's done, the volume will have the same name as the installer you downloaded, such as Install macOS Catalina. You can now quit Terminal and eject the volume.
* If your Mac is using macOS Sierra or earlier, include the
--applicationpath argument, similar to the way this argument is used in the command for El Capitan.
Use the bootable installer
After creating the bootable installer, follow these steps to use it:
- Plug the bootable installer into a compatible Mac.
- Use Startup Manager or Startup Disk preferences to select the bootable installer as the startup disk, then start up from it. Your Mac will start up to macOS Recovery.
Learn about selecting a startup disk, including what to do if your Mac doesn't start up from it.
- Choose your language, if prompted.
- A bootable installer doesn't download macOS from the Internet, but it does require the Internet to get information specific to your Mac model, such as firmware updates. If you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, use the Wi-Fi menu in the menu bar.
- Select Install macOS (or Install OS X) from the Utilities window, then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions.
Mac Usb Adapter
For more information about the
createinstallmedia command and the arguments that you can use with it, make sure that the macOS installer is in your Applications folder, then enter this path in Terminal:
Usb Com For Macbook Air