- Wd My Passport Ultra For Mac Help Free
- Wd My Passport Ultra For Macbook Air
- Wd My Passport Ultra For Mac 4tb
- First, turn on the computer and connect the WD My Passport drive to the computer.
- Now, check whether the drive is displayed in the computer’s file management utility list.
- If any new hardware is found, click the Cancel button to close it.
- Now, the Western Digital software will install the correct driver for your drive.
- Next, double-click the Western Digital application setup file that is displayed in the computer’s file management utility to view the Western Digital application Setup Wizard.
- Click the Next option to view the Installation Type.
- Now, on the Installation Type dialog box, choose the option that you want to make use for the installation.
- The Recommended Install will install all the Western Digital software while the Custom install can install only the Western Digital software that you choose.
- Read the Western Digital End User License Agreement by clicking the link.
- Tick the I Agree box to agree and then click the Next button.
- A dialog box will be displayed depending on the installation type that you have chosen.
Western Digital Series My Passport Ultra for Mac Item model number WDBPMV0050BSL-WESN Hardware Platform Mac Item Weight 8.1 ounces Product Dimensions 4.33 x 3.21 x 0.83 inches Item Dimensions LxWxH 4.33 x 3.21 x 0.83 inches Color 5TB Flash Memory Size 5 Manufacturer WD ASIN B07WZYM7RQ Date First Available October 4, 2019. Shop WD My Passport Ultra for Mac 4TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive with Hardware Encryption Silver at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for.
Wd My Passport Ultra For Mac Help Free
Wd My Passport Ultra For Macbook Air
Wd My Passport Ultra For Mac 4tb
- Attach the WD My Passport hard drive to your Mac computer.
- Click the magnifying glass icon (Spotlight) and type Disk Utility. Select the Disk Utility program from the search result list.
- The Mac Disk Utility window appears.
- Make sure that the WD My Passport Ultra is selected on the left-hand side panel.
- Click the Erase tab. Select 'ExFAT' from the drop-down list. (Using this format lets you connect this WD drive to a Windows or Mac computer.)Click Erase.
- The 'Untitled' drive should appear on the desktop. If not, click the Finder icon on the dock, and the Untitled drive will be displayed in the 'Devices' section. Rename it and use it just like you would use a USB stick.
- If you need to use this WD My Passport drive on your Mac computer extensively, follow these steps.
- Go to Disk Utility and click the Erase tab. Choose the 'Mac OS' option from the 'Format' drop-down list. Click the Partition tab and click the + icon to partition the drive. Clicking it multiple times creates many partitions.
- Click on - to delete a partition. Click a partition and type the size of the partition in the 'Size' field to set the partition size manually. Type a partition name that you can understand easily. (For example, type photos for the partition where you want to store photos.)
- Set the format type as 'Mac OS(Journaled)' and then, click Apply Partition. Wait until the partition operation is completed. The partitions now appear on the desktop.